Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Redrum needs a link button for patterns (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=165407)

bigant 2012-08-10 19:34

Redrum needs a link button for patterns

It would be nice if i could program all my drums for a song in the redrum seq by using all 64 steps in pattern 1,then if redrum had a link button it would jump right to pattern 2 giving me 64 more steps,then move to pattern 3 and so on. Or is there a way now that I'm missing?

illCarl 2012-08-10 23:18

Well.. It's not really much different then putting bank A1, A2, A3.. etc in the sequencer :) Or am I missing something :D

bigant 2012-08-11 10:17

Your not following me my point is i wish i didn't have to click my mouse to select banks or patterns in redrum,in most drum modules you can put your patterns on notes or pad. In ultrabeat you can play 24 patterns on your keyboard that are assigned to the keys. BPM gives your over 100 steps just saying.

jlgrimes 2012-08-11 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigant (Post 1114021)
Your not following me my point is i wish i didn't have to click my mouse to select banks or patterns in redrum,in most drum modules you can put your patterns on notes or pad. In ultrabeat you can play 24 patterns on your keyboard that are assigned to the keys. BPM gives your over 100 steps just saying.

I wished they made blocks triggerable this way. Newer Mpcs had this feature as well.

bigant 2012-08-12 05:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlgrimes (Post 1114058)
I wished they made blocks triggerable this way. Newer Mpcs had this feature as well.

I didn't know that.

scifunk 2012-08-12 09:28

You can automate the pattern selection in the sequencer window to play your patterns in any order you wish,

jlgrimes 2012-08-12 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by scifunk (Post 1114466)
You can automate the pattern selection in the sequencer window to play your patterns in any order you wish,

I think he is wanting something more live. (although I think red rum patterns might be midi mappable).

bigant 2012-08-12 23:11

A simple link or toggle switch like logic has to chain patterns one by one would do the trick or give us at
least 128 steps.

"You can automate the pattern selection in the sequencer window to play your patterns in any order you wish",

Don't you have to be recording for this to work,which would bring timing issues,i would have to press
the pattern button just right wouldn't I? No thanks!

scifunk 2012-08-12 23:35

No, the sequencer acts as the trigger, so you'd have a pattern note lane for the redrum with all you patterns in the seq your require (chained together). Press start and the patterns are triggered automatically in your chosen sequence ie A1, A2, B3, D6.... til the end of the track

Page 260 in the manual

bigant 2012-08-12 23:54

@scifunk

Dude thats not automating anything lol,what i said was,you need to research what automation is bro,what you're talking about is basic sequencing. Again if the redrum had a toggle switch it would be much faster then what you're suggesting.