Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Help vote my band as San Francisco artist of the month please! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=165453)

carlgrace 2012-08-11 15:55

Help vote my band as San Francisco artist of the month please!

Hi everyone,

My band is up for Artist of the Month in a San Francisco magazine called The Deli. I didn't even know I was on this competition until a noticed some extra traffic at my bandcamp page.

Anyway, I don't expect to win because I'm really a nobody when it comes to music, but I'm far in last place and at least I want a respectable showing! :-)

To vote go to http://sf.thedelimagazine.com/ and the poll is on the right part of the page. You'll have to x-out an ad before you can vote I think (sorry). Voting ends August 15th.

I appreciate it very much guys and gals! It really is an honor just to be nominated! /ducks

Cheers,
Carl

sentient.minority 2012-08-11 17:39

Hi Carl,

Voted!

You might want to let the others know the name of your band though (I only know your name because I saw it on the soundcloud link in your signature).

carlgrace 2012-08-11 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by sentient.minority (Post 1114141)
Hi Carl,

Voted!

You might want to let the others know the name of your band though (I only know your name because I saw it on the soundcloud link in your signature).

Thanks again! And good advice! The group's name is Some Desperate Glory.

:-)

Carl

MayorMcCheese 2012-08-11 18:59

You’re a fine fellow and I’ve enjoyed your tracks before. I recall you posting awhile back about composing on the subway going to/from work each day, and that was long before Figure. My vote is cast and I didn’t have to click an ad or anything

Whoever Ugly Winner is (i.e., the leader) they seem to have a big following, but let’s get you into a well deserved win/place/or show position. BTW. The Deli website is pretty cool. That’s nice the way they showcase local San Fran bands with a write-up and video. Has Some Desperate Glory had one yet? If so, post a link!

BrrrPeoples 2012-08-11 19:26

voted! good luck!

GregHPSon 2012-08-11 23:41

I voted Carl!

carlgrace 2012-08-12 06:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese (Post 1114170)
You’re a fine fellow and I’ve enjoyed your tracks before. I recall you posting awhile back about composing on the subway going to/from work each day, and that was long before Figure. My vote is cast and I didn’t have to click an ad or anything

Whoever Ugly Winner is (i.e., the leader) they seem to have a big following, but let’s get you into a well deserved win/place/or show position. BTW. The Deli website is pretty cool. That’s nice the way they showcase local San Fran bands with a write-up and video. Has Some Desperate Glory had one yet? If so, post a link!

Thank you! Yes, Ugly Winner seems to have a big following and I'm sure they are going to win, but I'm really happy not to be in last place anymore. Actually I didn't know anything about this Deli website until I noticed a big spike of traffic on my Bandcamp page. So they found me somehow (but didn't inform me that I was up for this). Weird.

No they haven't showcased Some Desperate Glory, but if they ever do, you can be sure it will be posted here! :-)

Yes I do compose on the subway. I have a long, crappy commute but writing music really makes the time fly! Sure beats reading 50 shades of Grey or whatever the hell the other commuters are doing!

I appreciate your voting!

Carl

carlgrace 2012-08-12 06:49

Thanks Greg and Brandon and everyone else who has voted! :-) I've always tried to support these types of requests and it makes me happy to see how much support you guys give everyone. Cheers!

NoelGMusic 2012-08-12 08:30

You have my vote Carl. Thanks for being a positive contributor to music and here at the PH forums. Good luck!

carlgrace 2012-08-13 18:50

Thanks so much for the votes, everyone! I went from last place to third place!