Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RE bundles as products (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=165925)

rogerlevy 2012-08-20 18:47

RE bundles as products

While I don't think it's totally necessary to offer bundles to tempt people to spend more money on more devices, some of which they might not need, it occurred to me that if the Props shop was updated to support bundling RE's together under one price, someone could develop a set of RE's that were designed to go together, taking advantage of Reason's modularity.

I really hope that devs bring back half-rack devices someday, to go with this idea. I really enjoy hooking those little guys together.

Oh and couple this with polyphonic CV and people could make their own synths, mix and match features as they see fit. This would be like heaven for me.

charlycharlzz 2012-08-20 19:19

yhea that iz a good idear , I like it because if some sound designers buy RE's make some cool sound design in combiz using them and sell it in a bundles it would make super kind of massive refill but there work could be pirated by a simple patch for those who got these RE .

jaeppel 2012-08-22 18:17

I think Softtube, Synapse, and soon uhe, are all three already a collection of plugs designed to go together. Synapse is all modules of the same vintage FX kit, Ubhik is already sold as a VST bundle. Its not like suites are anything new in creative softwares.

for now its all payé à la carte.

rogerlevy 2012-08-22 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaeppel (Post 1120754)
I think Softtube, Synapse, and soon uhe, are all three already a collection of plugs designed to go together. Synapse is all modules of the same vintage FX kit, Ubhik is already sold as a VST bundle. Its not like suites are anything new in creative softwares.

for now its all payé à la carte.

yeah, i guessed that what i posted could be misinterpreted ... what i meant, was something more like a modular synth, or something where the theme was unified like "mastering" with the mclass suite. or like oZone's mastering suite. i know that bundles where companies just sell a bunch of their plugs together at a package price are nothing new, that's kind of why i'm actually kind of "meh" about doing that with Synapse's line, because I actually like being able to pick and choose there just fine and don't want all of them at once. but hopefully Props will add bundle support anyway because, I mean, can't hurt anything.

jaeppel 2012-08-22 21:18

Its great to pick and choose, but if i choose 2/3 of a set of devices, they ought to throw the rest in. Maybe i get some stuff on the side i dont really need, but its just good business to reward clients. Look at Komplete. If you only want four or so native instruments, its already the same price as Komplete. they just throw in the lot, thanks for shopping.

rogerlevy 2012-08-22 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaeppel (Post 1120858)
thanks for shopping.

haha, love that line. they should put that at the end of every RE shop purchase ;)