Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Controller advice (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=165965)

Borderline 2012-08-21 15:13

Controller advice
 
Hi

Im after a bit of hardware advice...

Can anyone recommend a decent keyboard/controller that works well with both R6 AND Logic, out of the box??

Thanks!

EnochLight 2012-08-21 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderline (Post 1120125)
Hi

Im after a bit of hardware advice...

Can anyone recommend a decent keyboard/controller that works well with both R6 AND Logic, out of the box??

Thanks!

Nektar Panorama P4 is the only controller you should consider if you want unparalleled Reason control and integration. Works with Logic, too.

Bonkhead 2012-08-21 15:48

what is your budget ?

Borderline 2012-08-21 16:17

my budget is as low as possible, but could stretch to £300 or £400 if neccessary...

Ideally cheaper though.

Im no keys player so 25 keys is fine....

Borderline 2012-08-21 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnochLight (Post 1120133)
Nektar Panorama P4 is the only controller you should consider if you want unparalleled Reason control and integration. Works with Logic, too.


will look into this! wonder how well it works with logic as its designed for reason??

EnochLight 2012-08-21 17:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderline (Post 1120172)
will look into this! wonder how well it works with logic as its designed for reason??

Well no, it's specifically engineered to control Reason, and takes advantage of Reason's Remote codecs for integration and control that simply cannot be done in other DAW's. It's just that it has a mode called "Internal" that allows you to use it with other DAW's, either while ReWired or just by itself. You can, of course, personalize parameters to your heart's content.

svenergy 2012-08-21 17:55

I have a pcr 800 from edirol. It's not the newest keyboad but it's works very nice with Reason, you can scroll through devices and it automatically sets up mappings for devices (well i guess reason does).

I think there are control mappings for logic available but i'm not sure. It does support regular MIDI though...

reasoner498 2012-08-21 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Borderline
Im no keys player so 25 keys is fine....

If you don't actually need "real keys", you might want to look at Bome's Mouse Keyboard or Soundco's Virtual Midi Controller.

Both offer more flexibility than the built-in virtual keyboards.

Borderline 2012-08-22 13:28

hmm..

no i want real keys, just not a full piano's worth!! :)

Borderline 2012-08-22 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnochLight (Post 1120210)
Well no, it's specifically engineered to control Reason, and takes advantage of Reason's Remote codecs for integration and control that simply cannot be done in other DAW's. It's just that it has a mode called "Internal" that allows you to use it with other DAW's, either while ReWired or just by itself. You can, of course, personalize parameters to your heart's content.

Im going to test one at the weekend, they look sweet i must admit!!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:20.