Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Big problem with the 6.5 update (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=166508)

Rhypht 2012-08-31 15:46

Big problem with the 6.5 update
 
Hopefully someone can help me here. I finally just updated to Reason 6.5 yesterday. After updating all of the files, I realized that all of my ReFills had been written over. I'm on Mac. I had a looot of ReFills, some of which I don't have an email download link for. I'm not really sure how I'd get them all back if I had to. Is there a way for me to recover all of those files, or am I stuck scavenging the web?

n0ahg 2012-08-31 15:51

Please don't tell me you stored your own Refills in the Reason program directory?

Unless you have made backups you could be out of luck!

Rhypht 2012-08-31 15:54

Yes, I did.. That's where they have been since I've had Reason, they've just always been there so I never thought anything of it. I do have a backup of maybe 80% of them but I was just wondering if they were still present somewhere on this computer before I dug that up.

Philup 2012-08-31 17:11

Reason upgrades always overwrite EVERYTHING in the program folder. Your refills and saved songs should not be stored in the program folder.

BonezMcCoy 2012-08-31 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philup (Post 1126442)
Reason upgrades always overwrite EVERYTHING in the program folder. Your refills and saved songs should not be stored in the program folder.

Plus the install instructions tell you to move them somewhere else before install IN CASE you store them in the Reason folder...

Quote:

If you have personal files, e.g. ReFills, song files and patches in your Reason application folder, then you must move them to another location before you install the upgrade, or they will be lost.

jzquantum 2012-08-31 19:14

Might you be able to roll back your computer to a point before the install? That, or you might be able to find software that will recover the deleted files.

I personally try to keep double backups of my important files in case I make a mistake.

penguinoid 2012-08-31 19:33

They probably are still *somewhere* in your computer, in memory locations that have been made available for other data, if you want to save them, you'll have to stop everything you are doing on your computer to prevent them being overwritten, and get a data recovery program to try to get them back, but most of those will cost you, and success in recovering is not guaranteed if your computer has already reused those addresses.

jzquantum 2012-08-31 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by u88gbp (Post 1126566)
Might you be able to roll back your computer to a point before the install? That, or you might be able to find software that will recover the deleted files.

I personally try to keep double backups of my important files in case I make a mistake.

Oh and there are companies that specialize in file recovery in situations like this. Your plan just depends on how critical the files are to you.

charlycharlzz 2012-08-31 20:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhypht (Post 1126363)
Hopefully someone can help me here. I finally just updated to Reason 6.5 yesterday. After updating all of the files, I realized that all of my ReFills had been written over. I'm on Mac. I had a looot of ReFills, some of which I don't have an email download link for. I'm not really sure how I'd get them all back if I had to. Is there a way for me to recover all of those files, or am I stuck scavenging the web?


one of these is your solution
I have no mac but here : http://download.cnet.com/Disk-Drill/...-75307728.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3BMeA95uJg

http://youtu.be/kRC11qIiQfE


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:39.