Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Limited time thing ~ Yo, whatcha think? Reggae tune... (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=166577)

RasCricket 2012-09-01 14:33

Limited time thing ~ Yo, whatcha think? Reggae tune...
 
This was a temporary example and the file has been removed

Props, please allow us to delete threads. Or if you see this one, take a second and just delete it.

Thank you.

MayorMcCheese 2012-09-01 15:01

You caught me with a cup of coffee and this is a nice way to start the day. I like the song and you’ve done fine work. My suggestions:

1. The solo vocal seems slightly left at all times, which is fine when the Neptune harmony comes in slightly right. Maybe move the solo vocal straight center at times when no harmony occurs.

2. The bass kick is a bit too present.

Whoever you did it for, they should be mighty happy and gladly shell out mass quantities of clams in appreciation.

RasCricket 2012-09-01 15:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese (Post 1127272)
You caught me with a cup of coffee and this is a nice way to start the day. I like the song and you’ve done fine work. My suggestions:

1. The solo vocal seems slightly left at all times, which is fine when the Neptune harmony comes in slightly right. Maybe move the solo vocal straight center at times when no harmony occurs.

2. The bass kick is a bit too present.

Whoever you did it for, they should be mighty happy and gladly shell out mass quantities of clams in appreciation.

Totally, thanks.

There's one big reason Im seeing if this flies, and Im seeing if anyone can detect it. Odds completely are, its NOT detectable, and only I know. O.o

New kinda trick/technique that ill say what it is after a reply or two more.

Mayor = thanks for taking a second ~ Cheers :)

(Vocal is SO left....lol - sigh...I blame the 6 hours, but good call)

RasCricket 2012-09-02 00:31

Ahh, no more replies - no worries.

"Audio Quantize" was the new thing I did to this track. I havent had much experience doing it with multiple tracks.

The mind screw is knowing the parts of the beat that werent perfect before I did the Quantize. I was wanting to see if anyone thought there were many or any timing errors.

I dont think there are :P

It all went so fast im not entirely sure. +30 views so thanks for listening, just wish it prompted a few more replies. Thanks again, Mayor for helpin out :)

bigant 2012-09-02 00:39

Most people don't trust sites that aint SC.

RasCricket 2012-09-02 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigant (Post 1127618)
Most people don't trust sites that aint SC.

Yeah, thats a bummer = I have a page there, but its Reggae community never...really attracted me ~ Interestingly, I found a better scene over at Soundclick.

Theres a few websites I have my music up at = I didnt want that artist to know I posted the track, haha, so I didnt want to put it on one of my pages :P

So I thought Sendspace = that way, all the peeps in the User side of the fence around here can check it out and its still on the downlow.

I can assure you, theres nothing weird about the download or file.

But....maybe I should put it on my barely ever used SC page, cuz I doubt anyone would be checking there.

Thanks Bigant :)

That said: Are you also too wary of that Sendspace link, Bigant, or did ya check out the tune? Id rather have people check it than be afraid so maybe I will just put it up on SC. :)

bigant 2012-09-02 00:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by RasCricket (Post 1127627)
Yeah, thats a bummer = I have a page there, but its Reggae community never...really attracted me ~ Interestingly, I found a better scene over at Soundclick.

Theres a few websites I have my music up at = I didnt want that artist to know I posted the track, haha, so I didnt want to put it on one of my pages :P

So I thought Sendspace = that way, all the peeps in the User side of the fence around here can check it out and its still on the downlow.

I can assure you, theres nothing weird about the download or file.

But....maybe I should put it on my barely ever used SC page, cuz I doubt anyone would be checking there.

Thanks Bigant :)

That said: Are you also too wary of that Sendspace link, Bigant, or did ya check out the tune? Id rather have people check it than be afraid so maybe I will just put it up on SC. :)

Nah waiting on the SC link. Also if you have time can you list all the instruments used for reggae it would help me a lot,i guess i could google it but i thought i asked you first.

RasCricket 2012-09-02 01:30

K - I recovered my pass from SC and Im about to put it up...brb

RasCricket 2012-09-02 01:32

Here it is, guys on SC = Hope you like it. Check it out, Bigant and I can give you a breakdown for sure on common instruments n sounds. :)

bigant 2012-09-02 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by RasCricket (Post 1127645)
Here it is, guys on SC = Hope you like it. Check it out, Bigant and I can give you a breakdown for sure on common instruments n sounds. :)

http://soundcloud.com/rascricket/som...se-reason-mix1

Good mix just hear some clicks here and there,how is your latency?


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 18:30.