Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   The windows 8 problem (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=167435)

zeroohm 2012-09-16 01:31

The windows 8 problem

When do we who got AMD cpu's can expet a hotfix?

SteveDiverse 2012-09-16 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroohm (Post 1137861)
When do we who got AMD cpu's can expet a hotfix?

Where's the problem? Reason, Windows 8, AMD, or some combination?

zeroohm 2012-09-16 02:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1137867)

reason cant run on windows 8 systems that have AMD processors ,
cant even install authorizer ,
and on the upgraded machines that had reason 6.5 on windows 7 cant work anymore beacause of "The application cannot run because of an unexpected error"
and this problem was mentioned before in the first posts ,and now im asking for an ETA of the solution :)

n0ahg 2012-09-16 02:40

Reason is only an application, codemeter has a driver which sits of top of the vendors hardware driver, I'd talk to AMD for proper support before props :/

Codemeter 4.5.0 is the first 'Windows 8 compatible' version (4.5.0a is out now) and Reason comes 4.3.0c. 4.3.0 installed if you used the .msi installer and not the .exe although Reason uses it's own installer.

zeroohm 2012-09-16 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ahg (Post 1137894)
Reason is only an application, codemeter has a driver which sits of top of the vendors hardware driver, I'd talk to AMD for proper support before props :/

Codemeter 4.5.0 is the first 'Windows 8 compatible' version (4.5.0a is out now) and Reason comes 4.3.0c. 4.3.0 installed if you used the .msi installer and not the .exe although Reason uses it's own installer.

on the upgraded version of widnows 8 it already had codemeter installed and runing ,its reason who wont start at all

n0ahg 2012-09-16 03:01

Oh, Windows 8 comes with Codemeter, mine didn't *shrug*

I was obviously talking about the Windows 8 drivers for AMD onboard hardware NOT external drivers. AMD are known to not comply with an Intel standard such as xHCI (and previous hardware models)

zeroohm 2012-09-16 03:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ahg (Post 1137907)
Oh, Windows 8 comes with Codemeter, mine didn't *shrug*

I was obviously talking about the Windows 8 drivers for AMD onboard hardware NOT external drivers. AMD are known to not comply with an Intel standard such as xHCI (and previous hardware models)

no no :) ,when i upgraded from windows 7 to windows 8 it had codemeter installed already with reason 6 and only reason wont work ,its weird to me how any other application can still work including those made for windows xp but reason cant :/

SteveDiverse 2012-09-16 04:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeroohm (Post 1137879)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1137867)

reason cant run on windows 8 systems that have AMD processors ,
cant even install authorizer ,
and on the upgraded machines that had reason 6.5 on windows 7 cant work anymore beacause of "The application cannot run because of an unexpected error"
and this problem was mentioned before in the first posts ,and now im asking for an ETA of the solution :)

Yes, I am aware of the issue and understood what you were asking, including that you were asking Props for an ETA on a fix.

My question was based on the fact that Windows 8 has not even been officially released, so why do you assume that the problem is with Reason?

OK, maybe you only have an issue with Reason, but what if the problem is actually something in Windows 8, or an issue with AMD chips - that only surfaces when you run Reason?

mendoman 2012-09-16 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1137944)
Yes, I am aware of the issue and understood what you were asking, including that you were asking Props for an ETA on a fix.

My question was based on the fact that Windows 8 has not even been officially released, so why do you assume that the problem is with Reason?

OK, maybe you only have an issue with Reason, but what if the problem is actually something in Windows 8, or an issue with AMD chips - that only surfaces when you run Reason?

Actually, I've had an official Windows 8 release installed for more than a week. It was made available to OEM manufacturers and educational sources (which is where I got my copy) more than 2 weeks ago. So even though the official launch isn't until October, many will already have it and that means many (like myself) will already know that Reason doesn't work with it.

Mats 2012-09-17 14:02

Hi,

We now have a version of Reason that we believe fixes this problem with AMD processors on Windows 8. Before we release this bug fix version we need to do some thorough testing. It will be released when it's ready.

/Mats