Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   RE and EU law (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=167730)

zetaxz 2012-09-21 17:09

RE and EU law

Is that true? I read about a strange guy who spent 2000$ REs in a week and now wants his money back from Propellerhead, claiming they're breaking the EU. The guy is australian, though, anyway he wants to take legal action and crap like this, he writes "they are bound being in the EU by EU law which means i am legally allowed to sell each of my RE's INDIVIDUALLY. They are breaking the law and i am going to see council monday, i am not going to put up with this shit. At the very least i can get a letter sent to them demanding they allow me to sell my licenses, and try charge them for the legal cost".

Is that true, or is he just a poor troll? I mean, the guy KNEW WELL (as he admitted) REs are not resellable. He spent 2000$ and he claimed things like "Reason is the best DAW ever, whenever I use it I get wet" etc. Then, after a week, he "realized" (???...) Reason has some (known) issues. And wants a money refund.

waveform 2012-09-21 17:30

It's best not to believe everything you read. ;-)

marc64 2012-09-21 17:55

Try AND read before buy I say :P

zetaxz 2012-09-21 17:55

As far as I can understand, it went like this: the guy was a logic user, had tons of plugins and did not know Reason at all. One of his friends told him: "i assure you Reason will be everything you need, so sell everything and buy Reason". He did not even try it, sold everything, bought Reason and spent 2000$ in refills and Res. The first 5 or 6 days he was enthusiast, claiming every time he opened Reason he got "wet" (i guess it means: "I feel pleasure?"). On the 6th day he entered this forum asking for friendship, but some trolls offended him. Since then he's not wet anymore, because of this trauma, and cannot play reason without thinking about that rude behaviour of them. So he decided to sell everything, but at once remembered REs are not resellable, and he spent 2000$ without even trying them (he's calling himself "an enthusiast", "an instinctive guy"). That's why he wanted a money refund, LOL. Of course Propellerhead have no fault at all, as he knew well that, nobody oblidged him to buy them HAHA. At least, this is what I understand, and laugh for this pathetic yet funny story haha. "Legal action" haha... LOL.

EnochLight 2012-09-21 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetaxz (Post 1141773)
As far as I can understand, it went like this: the guy was a logic user, had tons of plugins and did not know Reason at all. One of his friends told him: "i assure you Reason will be everything you need, so sell everything and buy Reason". He did not even try it, sold everything, bought Reason and spent 2000$ in refills and Res. The first 5 or 6 days he was enthusiast, claiming every time he opened Reason he got "wet" (i guess it means: "I feel pleasure?"). On the 6th day he entered this forum asking for friendship, but some trolls offended him. Since then he's not wet anymore, because of this trauma, and cannot play reason without thinking about that rude behaviour of them. So he decided to sell everything, but at once remembered REs are not resellable, and he spent 2000$ without even trying them (he's calling himself "an enthusiast", "an instinctive guy"). That's why he wanted a money refund, LOL. Of course Propellerhead have no fault at all, as he knew well that, nobody oblidged him to buy them HAHA. At least, this is what I understand, and laugh for this pathetic yet funny story haha. "Legal action" haha... LOL.

Just curious - you've never posted here before, come here with partial insight into events which transpired over at KVR and the PUF, and still seem to be missing a lot of facts, and draw conclusions from this... what's your goal with this thread?

n0ahg 2012-09-21 18:26

Why create a new account today just to post this?

BonezMcCoy 2012-09-21 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ahg (Post 1141796)
Why create a new account today just to post this?

Troll works in mysterious ways... :D

dub08 2012-09-21 18:41

Yes, this case was already reported and then solved.
interpol have already arrested that guy because there is another earlier law, that states "you can't buy something sight unseen and sell all your other stuff without even demo-ing and then be mad at everyone else"....they caught him on a technicality.

platzangst 2012-09-21 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetaxz (Post 1141750)
Is that true?

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that you aren't a troll, for the moment:

There was a judgement in an EU court that declared that once sold, a user has the right to re-sell their software, regardless of whether the software producer forbids it in their EULA. A lot of people have taken that to mean that Propellerhead should immediately change their policy and allow Rack Extensions to be re-sold. There's been quite a bit of debate about that already on the forums here.

The person in question was, then, essentially threatening to report Propellerhead to, I guess, some branch of the EU authorities if they didn't acquiesce to his demands. Whether he would have actually been able to get anywhere with that is another matter.

moneykube 2012-09-21 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetaxz (Post 1141773)

http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/q...Sayings-28.gif