Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason 6.5 upgrade now wont rewire Pro Tools 10.0.1?? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=167773)

DoomsdayPreppers 2012-09-22 09:15

Reason 6.5 upgrade now wont rewire Pro Tools 10.0.1??

SOmeone please help as I have wasted hours trying to sort my rewire problem. These types of problems never seem to end and it pisses me off big time. I got better things to do than waste my weekend trying to sort out software issues.

I previously had Reason 5 and Pro Tools 10 rewired seamlessly. I know the whole create an instrument track in Pro tools 10 then choose "insert multi channel plug in - instrument - reason stereo" etc. Reason then automatically opens up and inserts into the protools track.

Since I bought Reason 6 and upgraded to 6.5, Pro Tools 10 doesnt even recognise Reason anymore. In protools 10 it is not in any options to be selected. I dont know if rewire would of worked with reason 6.0 cause I never tried as I immediately upgraded to 6.5.

Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on????? Its just pissing me off big time. Why can these companies just make stuff that easily works for once instead of continual hassles and wasted time. Even the Avid site is useless. All I seem to do is go around and around trying to find what I am looking for. How bloody hard is it? Really!

I was just better off saving my money and not buying Reason 6 and just stayed with reason 5.

reasoner498 2012-09-22 09:48

It sounds like you might have Reason running in 64-bit mode, and Pro Tools in 32-bit mode. Take a look in the "read me" file that's located in the Reason installer zip file. It tells you how to configure on Mac and Windows.

jkleinberg 2012-09-29 21:56

Thanks reasoner498, that helped me too.

risingeagle 2013-01-29 03:06

Reason 6.5 and ProTools 10

I finally found the solution.
See link: http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/...t-pro-tools-9/

It seems you have to do this in addition to the 32 bit mode:

"Once installed, it still may not show up as an instrument in Pro Tools, so there is one more step:
Go to C:/Program Files(x86)/Common Files/Propellerheads/Rewire and copy the rewire.dll

Go to C:/Windows/SysWOW64 and paste the rewire.dll

Now relaunch Pro Tools, and it should now be listed as an instrument."

If you did not get the 32 bit mode part here it is:

Under Windows, you need to install a separate 32-bit version of Reason:
1. Open the Reason DVD (or the Reason download package, if you have downloaded the program from the web) in the Windows Explorer.
2. Right-click the “Install Reason.exe” file and select “Create Shortcut”.
If the file is on the DVD, you will be asked if you want the shortcut to be placed on the desktop – click Yes.
3. Locate the shortcut you just created, right-click it and select “Properties”.
4. On the “Shortcut” page of the Properties dialog, locate the Target field and add ” /32″ (without the quotes) at the very end. The Target field should say
“D:\Install Reason.exe” /32
(although the drive letter may not be “D”, depending on your setup).
**Note – be sure to include a space before /32. Without it you will get an invalid message.**
5. Click OK.
6. Double click the shortcut file to install a 32-bit version of Reason.
The installed Reason version will have the name “Reason (32)” on the Start menu and desktop. You can have the regular 64-bit version installed at the same time if you like.

Thank you Sweetwater!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomsdayPreppers (Post 1142293)
SOmeone please help as I have wasted hours trying to sort my rewire problem. These types of problems never seem to end and it pisses me off big time. I got better things to do than waste my weekend trying to sort out software issues.

I previously had Reason 5 and Pro Tools 10 rewired seamlessly. I know the whole create an instrument track in Pro tools 10 then choose "insert multi channel plug in - instrument - reason stereo" etc. Reason then automatically opens up and inserts into the protools track.

Since I bought Reason 6 and upgraded to 6.5, Pro Tools 10 doesnt even recognise Reason anymore. In protools 10 it is not in any options to be selected. I dont know if rewire would of worked with reason 6.0 cause I never tried as I immediately upgraded to 6.5.

Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on????? Its just pissing me off big time. Why can these companies just make stuff that easily works for once instead of continual hassles and wasted time. Even the Avid site is useless. All I seem to do is go around and around trying to find what I am looking for. How bloody hard is it? Really!

I was just better off saving my money and not buying Reason 6 and just stayed with reason 5.

rafaelnaranjo 2013-04-03 16:15

I have the same problem. Anyone can help me?

dedric 2013-04-06 17:37

im having the same problem!!!! installed reason 6.5 now pro tools cant find reason.its not even in my plug in s folder!!! did you find out anything ????

BonezMcCoy 2013-04-06 18:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by dedric (Post 1282539)
im having the same problem!!!! installed reason 6.5 now pro tools cant find reason.its not even in my plug in s folder!!! did you find out anything ????

Read the readme file that comes with the Reason installer and follow the instructions.