Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Softube TSAR-1 Reverb problem ? or Bug ? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=167821)

pjeudy 2012-09-23 03:18

Softube TSAR-1 Reverb problem ? or Bug ?

OK I downloaded a demo of the TSAR-1 demo...and I noticed that when you bypass the unit (off) then turn it back on, it replay back the reverb effects from where you last turned it off !!!!

I just created a small audio file animating the TSAR-1 ON/OFF (bypass/on)
And yep it will retain the audio with the reverb effect.Many minutes after, if you cut the reverb before the effect has finished.

..this mean that you have to be sure to let the effect play out before you can turn it off. some reverb effect can have long tails... worst if you are listening to the reverb effect withing the mix...you might think that the effect has run it's course...but if you turn the reberb back on in a quite part of your track.. the reveb sound will return, messing up your track.

I tried the RV 7000, and the UHBIK-4 (U-HE) and none of then do that. once you turn of the reverb and turn it back on.. the reveb effect does not return.

TSAR-1 COST HOW MUCH ?

omshanti20 2012-09-23 03:34

Dave909 2012-09-23 03:37

Yeah shouldn´t even be a problem as using bypass for automation is really not the way to go with a reverb imo

TheodoreM 2012-09-23 03:58

DR-1 same thing, yes even an hour later lol it releases the sound when un bypassed.

I prefer to be able to bypass it since wet/dry does not save cpu.

I hope they change it's behaviour

Dave909 2012-09-23 04:11

Bypass will cause the sound to cutoff instantly. I would never want that with a reverb?

pjeudy 2012-09-23 04:12

I agree it sounds great...been comparing it to those other 2 reverb ...and it was all smiles until I noticed that bypass thing.

The Reason that I was surprised by it is because of the price. Didn't expect a bug like that ..but anyway... it doesn't at all take away from the effect... was just surprised that they didn't noticed that on there ends (Prop/Softube)

I have to admit that I sometimes create a combinator instrument and have the reverb "bypass/on" CONNECTED to a button.. really convenient to just click that button to activate the reverb and then of again even during automation...

yes I do use Rotary 1-4 knob ..and I also route the wet/dry to my Mod Wheel sometimes.The button thing is also a way that I work... ;-) no biggy.

Thanks

pjeudy 2012-09-23 04:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave909 (Post 1142942)
Bypass will cause the sound to cutoff instantly. I would never want that with a reverb?

Agreed 100 %
But for $200.00 and a bad ass Reverb like it is !! it doesn't need to be happening ;-) but they will fix.. I'm sure.

p.s: Bypass/on can also be achieved using a sharp 90 degree automation on the wet/dry.

Dave909 2012-09-23 04:17

I agree it should be fixed ofcourse :)

pjeudy 2012-09-23 04:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave909 (Post 1142946)
I agree it should be fixed ofcourse :)

Like your beats ..I used to make tracks like that. When I was into that hip hop/Philly/Jill Scott shit !!! ;-)

good stuff ...who's the singer ?
is that you rapping ?

Dave909 2012-09-23 04:28

Hey man, glad you like my stuff :D The singer is my partner in crime Rebecca, a great singer, check out her set on our SC profile and yeah it´s me rapping in all our songs :D