Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   No Stereo in Hardware Outputs (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=168042)

ljuliano 2012-09-27 17:28

No Stereo in Hardware Outputs

3 Attachment(s)
I've routed each Audio Track/Instrument into a Spyder splitter and then routed the split signal into 2 14:2 Mixers. Then routed the output of each mixer to it's own output channel in the hardware I/O at the top. And it all works perfectly. The only problem is that it's in mono, and Yes, the pictures show only the left output from the mixers into the Master EQ and then into its own Hardware Output(3 and 4 in this case). But I can't figure out how to send the mixer in stereo into one Hardware Output. I've tried sending the mixer out stereo into a spyder merger and merged the two signals together and then sent it into to the Hardware Output, but it still plays in Mono. I've referred to the manual of my Interface and the 8 Outputs are TRS balanced line outputs, and it doesn't say anything about the 2 headphone outputs on the front(that play stereo) being TRS, and I don't know if that makes a difference on if the 8 outputs aren't stereo individually.

Six-input, ten-output audio configuration
• Up to 24-bit/192kHz operation
• Two high-quality mic/instrument preamps featuring Octane
TM technology, LED meters, and phantom power

• Two front-panel XLR/TS Combo jacks accepting mic or instrument level inputs
• Two rear-panel 1/4” TRS balanced line inputs
• Eight rear-panel 1/4” TRS balanced line outputs
• Two independent 1/4” headphone outputs with volume control knobs for each output
• S/PDIF In/Out
• MIDI In/Out
• Powerful onboard DSP providing five near-zero latency 16x2 monitor mixers
• User-assignable Master Volume control
• Functions as a standalone two-channel mic preamp and A/D – D/A converter

selig 2012-09-27 17:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljuliano (Post 1145408)
I've routed each Audio Track/Instrument into a Spyder splitter and then routed the split signal into 2 14:2 Mixers. Then routed the output of each mixer to it's own output channel in the hardware I/O at the top. And it all works perfectly. The only problem is that it's in mono, and Yes, the pictures show only the left output from the mixers into the Master EQ and then into its own Hardware Output(3 and 4 in this case). But I can't figure out how to send the mixer in stereo into one Hardware Output. I've tried sending the mixer out stereo into a spyder merger and merged the two signals together and then sent it into to the Hardware Output, but it still plays in Mono. I've referred to the manual of my Interface and the 8 Outputs are TRS balanced line outputs, and it doesn't say anything about the 2 headphone outputs on the front(that play stereo) being TRS, and I don't know if that makes a difference on if the 8 outputs aren't stereo individually.

Six-input, ten-output audio configuration
• Up to 24-bit/192kHz operation
• Two high-quality mic/instrument preamps featuring Octane
TM technology, LED meters, and phantom power

• Two front-panel XLR/TS Combo jacks accepting mic or instrument level inputs
• Two rear-panel 1/4” TRS balanced line inputs
• Eight rear-panel 1/4” TRS balanced line outputs
• Two independent 1/4” headphone outputs with volume control knobs for each output
• S/PDIF In/Out
• MIDI In/Out
• Powerful onboard DSP providing five near-zero latency 16x2 monitor mixers
• User-assignable Master Volume control
• Functions as a standalone two-channel mic preamp and A/D – D/A converter

Not sure what the question is, but each output in Reason is a single output, and a stereo signal requires two outputs (Left & RIght). So Hardware Interface 1&2 are the first "Stereo" output pair, 3&4 are the second STEREO output pair, etc.

All of the mixer and sends in Reason have two jacks on the outputs that TOGETHER are a stereo pair. In Reason there is no such thing as at single jack that carries two signals (like a TRS jack IRL). Hope something in what I said answers your question! :-)

bitleyTM 2012-09-27 17:54

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/002...s1_xlarge.jpeg

ljuliano 2012-09-27 18:24

My interface has 8 outputs on the back of it that are synched to the 1st 8 outputs of the Hardware I/O in Reason. Whenever I route the left of the 14:2 Mixer to Hardware Output 1 in Reason, that mixer plays out of Output 1 in Mono through my M-Audio Interface. Same with the mixer's right channel going to Reason's Hardware Output 2, the mixer plays out of Output 2 in Mono through my M-Audio Interface. What I'm asking is, why can't I play out of Output 1 in Stereo instead of Mono. Same with Output 2.

Dave909 2012-09-27 19:03

Coss that's the way it works. All outputs are mono.

ljuliano 2012-09-27 19:28

Ok. So I need to figure some way on my Interface's Menu to combine each mono output into one stereo output out only one of the Outputs on the Interface.

ljuliano 2012-09-27 19:29

Is there an adapter that exists where you come out of two 1/4 inch jacks and then combine into one headphone jack?

BonezMcCoy 2012-09-27 19:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljuliano (Post 1145501)
Is there an adapter that exists where you come out of two 1/4 inch jacks and then combine into one headphone jack?

Like a y cable connector?

Yep, there are such things.

hookiefree 2012-09-27 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljuliano (Post 1145501)

http://www.amazon.com/Hosa-YMP434/dp...+stereo+female

ljuliano 2012-09-27 19:47

You are my hero!!! Thank you1!