Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Rating an RE (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=168098)

Hotmitts 2012-09-28 23:31

Rating an RE

...as in, I wasn't sure how to. Eventually I figured out that you can click on the star ratings themselves.... but because I wasn't sure what I was doing, I ended up rating a plug-in lower than I intended by accident . I mean, I thought If i clicked on the ratings bit it would bring up another dialogue, but it recorded my random click as a rating.
So I meant to rate the Probability drum thing a five, but I think it went to 3 stars instead. Maybe it's just me being stupid, or did anybody else get confused on how to add ratings ?

PsyTale 2012-09-29 00:55

I decided not to rate any RE as long as i didnt test it thoroughly!

So yeah i dont have this issue! :)

ShelLuser 2012-09-29 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hotmitts (Post 1146067)
...as in, I wasn't sure how to.

+1

Though I'd rather see you renamed your request into "re-rating an RE".

It is a matter of preference but many companies allow you to change your mind one or two times. Being familiar with this kind of voting I had little issues. But the lack of changing my initial idea kinda bugged me.

For the record (even though its probably controversial): tested ReStereo RE for a blog post with a bunch of people. Wrote an article, withheld ("didn't include") some comments and voted on it only to find out at a later time that this RE was actually selling for the same price as Polar. Which I personally consider to be utter madness.

So I tried to downvote but no workie...

Hotmitts 2012-09-29 03:22

Thanks Peter.

Yes. I'd like to re-rate the plug-in as you said. In this case it's a new developer who needs the support and who's product is excellent for me. So it's disappointing that I made a mistake.

It's not just that though. There was no warning or explanation of how the rating device worked on the page, and nothing in the FAQ. It kind of screams to me that there should be a process that's a bit friendlier to first-time voters in there.
Maybe it's a common protocol that I haven't come across, but when in doubt, I say make it as transparent as possible.

Hotmitts 2012-09-29 22:19

Anyone else, or just me?

dub08 2012-09-30 01:53

Was thinking about this earlier today and, as far as I'm concerned, if Buffre is only 4 out of 5 stars then the system is somehow flawed.

Hotmitts 2012-09-30 02:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dub08 (Post 1146669)
Was thinking about this earlier today and, as far as I'm concerned, if Buffre is only 4 out of 5 stars then the system is somehow flawed.

Hmmn...I think it would be more useful to have quotes and testimonials in a way. Then you'd know more about the RE and what it does, people could say how they use the plug-in including in colourful ways. I maen the quotes could be submitted and vetted by the developer if needed so that people didn't write stupid stuff. I always see this with sample sets and VST's. I don't know about 'boutiques' 'cos I never go there.