Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   New rockpop song - On norwegian! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=168129)

Wensell 2012-09-29 10:24

New rockpop song - On norwegian!

Hi,

Not sure there are any norwegians here.. but if there are - holla at me, and we might start the best rockpop(?) era of all time!

Loading SoundCloud…

All made in Reason 6.5.

Would highly appricate some feedback, both musically and production wise.

ksjohnston 2012-09-29 23:42

Your song makes me want to move to Norway. I thought the production and mixing were very good

LastAlternative 2012-09-30 01:52

I'm American and only speak English so all I can do is go by the vocal line. It's cool to hear music from a different culture. Here's my feedback:
Production- Very well mixed. The stereo field is balanced right and sounds natural. Perfect ambiance. Nothing is out of place or muddy. It is perfectly EQ'd and compressed. Great dynamics. Basically, this sounds like a commercial pop rock hit. I can almost see the colors of each element.
Music - Great mood. I wish I knew the lyrics but either way, the melody is really cool. Simple and sweet. The drums sound amazing. Is that a real drummer, or were the drums programmed? If programmed, what did you use? Sweet warm guitar and bass tones man. Cool lead guitar part too. The vocals are damn near flawless. This is one of the best songs I've heard on the forum in a while. I like electronic but it's always nice to hear an actual song with vocals!

scoobyman 2012-09-30 02:07

Really good. I like the harmonic quality of the vocals against the chords. The guitar solo is good. In my opinion, I'd like to hear it more beefed up. It sounds a little thin. I don't understand Norwegian. I hope the lyrics are about something nice. I'd hate to imagine really digging the song, and my neighbors who are fluent in Norwegian come knocking at my door with a baseball bat in their hands. Maybe you can post a translation of them?

Wensell 2012-09-30 03:01

Hahahha! This made my day. Thanks for the kind word. Will try to beef up the solo. Here are the lyrics.. :)

Wensell - Understanding Nothing

VERSE I
Help, I am growing
Soon I'll be an adult
Help, I am grown now
So says my papers

Am I talking rubish
shit - there I grew a inch again

CHORUS
But what the fu**
What happend when I was younger
What happend then
And were did we go
I'm trying to find the trail we were on
But its overgrown - what do we do
I do not understand any thing

VERSE 2
Help, we are all alone
Soon we are oldies
Help, i want to share
Share all I see
If we dare, then they dare
If you dare, then I'll try

REPEAT CHORUS

That's it. A bit americanized lyrics, but the main theme about realizing your'e a man, not a boy is still intact.. But when did you become a man? For my own case, I don't know;-)

Hope your neighbours didn't get offended by the fu** word? Hahahah:D

Wensell 2012-09-30 03:06

Wow man, thank you for your kind words. You have put a smile upon my face:)

The drums, oh my, the drums... Ryan Greene Alt 3. Programmed. Amanzing refill! Also cool to layer these samples on more electronic stuff.

scoobyman 2012-09-30 03:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wensell (Post 1146694)
Hahahha! This made my day. Thanks for the kind word. Will try to beef up the solo. Here are the lyrics.. :)

Wensell - Understanding Nothing

VERSE I
Help, I am growing
Soon I'll be an adult
Help, I am grown now
So says my papers

Am I talking rubish
shit - there I grew a inch again

CHORUS
But what the fu**
What happend when I was younger
What happend then
And were did we go
I'm trying to find the trail we were on
But its overgrown - what do we do
I do not understand any thing

VERSE 2
Help, we are all alone
Soon we are oldies
Help, i want to share
Share all I see
If we dare, then they dare
If you dare, then I'll try

REPEAT CHORUS

That's it. A bit americanized lyrics, but the main theme about realizing your'e a man, not a boy is still intact.. But when did you become a man? For my own case, I don't know;-)

Hope your neighbours didn't get offended by the fu** word? Hahahah:D

Thank you. I'm never growing up. I thought you had a real drummer. Good work.

Wensell 2012-10-04 12:33

Nothing and no one are stopping you. You are welcome:) Thanks for the feedback.