Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   visual parametric eq (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=168240)

beefjerky26 2012-10-01 09:32

visual parametric eq

Haven't seen this done, either as a reason effect or as a rack extension, would really like it.

Djstarski 2012-10-01 14:44

the m-class eq has a display on it .

RXTX 2012-10-01 16:49

So does the PEQ-2 equalizer...
and the VB512 vocoder/equalizer.

beefjerky26 2012-10-04 21:07

oh yeah thanks! i forgot the vocoder was a visual eq!

EnochLight 2012-10-05 04:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by beefjerky26 (Post 1149485)
oh yeah thanks! i forgot the vocoder was a visual eq!

The Vocoder's EQ colors your sound (due to the phasing of the bands). Still, it can be useful.

SynthBear 2012-10-05 06:07

In the court of the Crimson King. I like your icon beefjerky26.

LouEh 2012-10-05 17:24

I agree with beefjerky. I know what you're saying. You want spectralizer inside of an eq or just a spectralizer in general! Download reaper and a freeware spectralizer vst (bluecat works great with me) and rewire reason to reaper. Reaper is free technically, if your trial runs out the ONLY difference is that reaper will have a message for about 5 seconds when you open it up asking if you'd like to buy the licensed version. That's the only difference.

n0ahg 2012-10-05 18:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by LouEh (Post 1150100)
I agree with beefjerky. I know what you're saying. You want spectralizer inside of an eq or just a spectralizer in general! Download reaper and a freeware spectralizer vst (bluecat works great with me) and rewire reason to reaper. Reaper is free technically, if your trial runs out the ONLY difference is that reaper will have a message for about 5 seconds when you open it up asking if you'd like to buy the licensed version. That's the only difference.

Reaper is technically not free. They have a very user friendly trial but if you use it regularly and you want to see it continue to be developed then you should reward the devs. A license is only $60 unless your yearly gross revenue is above $20000 and then it's only $225!

LouEh 2012-10-05 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ahg (Post 1150162)
Reaper is technically not free. They have a very user friendly trial but if you use it regularly and you want to see it continue to be developed then you should reward the devs. A license is only $60 unless your yearly gross revenue is above $20000 and then it's only $225!

Well yeah. I mean, you're either cheap or you're a dick if you don't pay that small fee. Personally I'm cheap and I'm unable to pay that fee because every cent that I make goes towards recording equipment such as mics and interfaces and monitors and I'm lucky to make $400 a month. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs or go out to events or go to restaurants, etc,. Opening a project studio is pretty expensive. And it's difficult when you don't make much money at all.