Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Heavy as fork! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=168334)

BetraX 2012-10-02 23:18

Heavy as fork!

Okay, this is currently just a proof of concept. It's all been recorded in Reason using Reason devices for processing only (incl. Re's)

It's metal, with Industrial (Al Jourgensen to be precise) style vocals.

I know a lot of people are not going to like this, I get that ;) just wanted to prove it could be done!

Big Ups to odarmonix for all the help on the guitar sound! Thanks man, thanks sooooo much!

Loading SoundCloud…

odarmonix 2012-10-03 00:38

Cheers man, I'm pleased to hear my contribution was so helpful to you. ;)

A tad too much compression to my taste, but this still sounds very promising for a preview. Can't wait to hear the finalized track(s) ! :)

Funnily enough, I can't even tell what patch(es) you used on the guitar. :D Seems they're not as recognizable as I thought they'd be, but I guess it's a good thing.

Braincandle 2012-10-03 02:23

YES YES YES! Jesus indeed built my hotrod! I love this man. This would be a great yin/yang, this vocal/guitar treatment, up against some soft pretty dropout, then back again, would make for some great dynamics. I've always appreciated the Jourgensens and Reznors and their take on electronic music.

NOW MAKE THIS INTO A SONG

BetraX 2012-10-03 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdist (Post 1148473)
Funnily enough, I can't even tell what patch(es) you used on the guitar. :D Seems they're not as recognizable as I thought they'd be, but I guess it's a good thing.

I'm pretty sure you said it would be of good interest for me to muck about with them, so I did :D

oh yeah, 'tracks' was right. Just need to finish the lyrics, re-record the guitars (new strings and all that), add the vocals in and we'll be alive and groping nurses!

BetraX 2012-10-03 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincandle (Post 1148515)
NOW MAKE THIS INTO A SONG

That, sir, is a given! :D

rVOLT 2012-10-03 18:17

Ministry all the way

particlejunkie 2012-10-03 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincandle (Post 1148515)
YES YES YES! Jesus indeed built my hotrod!

hahaha yeah I could see the resemblance. I like where this is going. I could be wrong but it sounded a little treble heavy and a little weak in the lower mids/bass region on my phones.

BetraX 2012-10-04 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by particlejunkie (Post 1148812)
hahaha yeah I could see the resemblance. I like where this is going. I could be wrong but it sounded a little treble heavy and a little weak in the lower mids/bass region on my phones.

There's no bottom end in place atm, it was just proof of basic concept and as such not mixed properly either ;)

but I now have the 'South of Reason' sound I've been looking for, let the good times roll! :D

Joumb 2012-10-04 13:26

It just made my cat jump down off the window sill and come and chin caress my left monitor!! That's gotta be a good thing!! Very different for what Reason (and any DAW) are often used for, yes, now we know it can be done!! :-)). Nice one