Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   RE Stereo and vocals (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=168348)

MAV42 2012-10-03 12:07

RE Stereo and vocals

I just thought id say how impressed i am with the REstereo device, i had recorded a superb vocalist a couple of weeks earlier for a dance track and was looking for a really distinctive strong vocal sound. I made the original recording in a vocal booth using an SE3500 condensor mic with my scarlet interface the mic has a beautiful warm clarity to it as a dry signal.. I have to say i was totally blown away using the REstereo as an insert effect i havn't really heard anything else on the market like it.. So just a little recommendation if anyones recording vocals its worth a test totally blew me away.. :-)

deankay 2012-10-03 13:08

Nice to hear some good reports on that RE.

MAV42 2012-10-03 15:06

Yes mate i think its one of those divices that could easily get overlooked, studios spend alot of money on trying to get that vocal punch on certain tracks after all if you have a really strong vocal its what should carry the song and that little plug in adds a can of woop arse.. LOL I'm sure others will have a more technical description for what it does but thats good enough for me..

vernon22 2012-10-03 19:52

Mav42 is totally on point here.
I use this RE on a lot of my projects and I use the REstereo for my guitar work as well Vocals. The sound improves on most majority of tracks that I throw at in some cases depending on the character of sound, there will be less notable changes upfront, but when you browse through some of the presets.. you will notice with changes that you can customize to your liking.

something 2012-10-04 07:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAV42 (Post 1148639)
I just thought id say how impressed i am with the REstereo device, i had recorded a superb vocalist a couple of weeks earlier for a dance track and was looking for a really distinctive strong vocal sound. I made the original recording in a vocal booth using an SE3500 condensor mic with my scarlet interface the mic has a beautiful warm clarity to it as a dry signal.. I have to say i was totally blown away using the REstereo as an insert effect i havn't really heard anything else on the market like it.. So just a little recommendation if anyones recording vocals its worth a test totally blew me away.. :-)

Can you put it on SoundCloud and let us hear (dry and wet)?

bgranger 2012-10-04 09:46

I must say I quite like it too, and I'm using it in the master bus, even tho they say don,t.

Its something that after the trial I will properly buy:)

PsyTale 2012-10-04 10:31

I use restereo for alot of stuff it is an amazing plugin with a supurb way of spectralizing mono recordings. But you can also "fix" a spectrum for some sample that doenst fit.

I really like it. BUT

I HATE the way it looks, so ugly really really UGLY! The fonts are WAY to large i dont like the background its like looking back in to the wrong 70's.

Goes for RENOUN to btw. The backside is ugly and the corners (rounded) of the 2 groups differ. Very disturbing to me. :)

Very UGLY looking bleh!