Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason 6.5 price (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=168429)

toadblood 2012-10-04 21:37

Reason 6.5 price
 
I just ordered Reason 6.5 through musiciansfriend.com because it was $50.00 cheaper and came with a 4gb bonus drum loop thing. I really wanted to get the instant activation code through this here site, but it's $449 w/o any freebies. what the heck.

particlejunkie 2012-10-04 22:20

I know, right? Props should really prevent retailers from offering bundles and attractive deals.

something 2012-10-05 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by particlejunkie (Post 1149528)
I know, right? Props should really prevent retailers from offering bundles and attractive deals.

Why?
I think that will be a bad move.
Give retailers the freedom to use their own marketing tactics and let them be creative with it.
If Propellerhead gives retailers a 40% commission on a sale, but one retailer decide to decrease 20% on it's salesprice (thus, that retailer lowers its own commission 40%-20%=20%) then Propellerheads does not get hurt at all, nor the buyer (customer).

That's business.
So if a retailer "bribes" customers with legit samples as a bonus when they buy Reason, why not?
I really see nothing illegal or shady here.

EpiGenetik 2012-10-05 08:30

I think you missed the tongue in cheek humour there :D

BonezMcCoy 2012-10-05 10:39

It's a bird!

It's a plane!

No! It's humour! Going right over your head!

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...-so-it-was.jpg

something 2012-10-05 12:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpiGenetik (Post 1149759)
I think you missed the tongue in cheek humour there :D

At the time of writing i was just woke up. ;)

jaeppel 2012-10-05 16:46

Doesnt the 449 include shipping and taxes sorted worldwide? Thats already a bonus. Im lucky to be in a city full of large competitive brick and mortar music stores, but if i was in samoa and needed reason, i think the props webprice is just fine.

LouEh 2012-10-05 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by something (Post 1149757)
Why?
I think that will be a bad move.
Give retailers the freedom to use their own marketing tactics and let them be creative with it.
If Propellerhead gives retailers a 40% commission on a sale, but one retailer decide to decrease 20% on it's salesprice (thus, that retailer lowers its own commission 40%-20%=20%) then Propellerheads does not get hurt at all, nor the buyer (customer).

That's business.
So if a retailer "bribes" customers with legit samples as a bonus when they buy Reason, why not?
I really see nothing illegal or shady here.

I think that he was being sarcastic! ;)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:26.