Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Depeche Mode cover: It Doesn't Matter Two (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=168605)

carlgrace 2012-10-08 05:46

Depeche Mode cover: It Doesn't Matter Two

Hi all,

I made a cover of one of my favorite Depeche Mode tracks: It Doesn't Matter Two. It's off Black Celebration which was one of those albums that totally changes your life for me. A masterpiece.

Anyway, I didn't get too out there as far as interpreting the song, but I did add a nice distorted guitar for the melody that I think sounds great.

This was made with love. Hope you enjoy the track and would love to hear your feedback!

Carl

Loading SoundCloud…

Joumb 2012-10-08 07:07

It's really good Carl, great singing and great sounds, I had to fave it right away!!

I love Black Celebration too, maybe the track itself and New Dress the most. Their youtubes from that period are awesome :-)).

Great work man!

raymondh 2012-10-08 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlgrace (Post 1151382)
Hi all,

I made a cover of one of my favorite Depeche Mode tracks: It Doesn't Matter Two. It's off Black Celebration which was one of those albums that totally changes your life for me. A masterpiece.

Anyway, I didn't get too out there as far as interpreting the song, but I did add a nice distorted guitar for the melody that I think sounds great.

This was made with love. Hope you enjoy the track and would love to hear your feedback!

Carl

Loading SoundCloud…

Great cover - well done Carl. I've posted more specifics on SC timeline.

cheers, Raymond

scoobyman 2012-10-08 10:02

Nice job. I like the heavy guitar. They didn't have a guitar when I saw them at the Orpheum in Boston 1985 (I'm Bragging). I went with a girl who knew some important people at the time, so she got us in free. Of course I'd heard "People are People", but other than that I didn't know them that well. "Book of Love" opened for them. That was the eighties.

onemadmanc 2012-10-08 13:16

AWESOME COVER - very well done
please do enjoy the silence my fav 80's song from depeche mode - that would be epic

MAV42 2012-10-08 20:38

A very nice cover track, i've always loved Depeche Mode, still packing out stadiums today. Guitar sound was great! My fav album was Violator, always thought of them as ground breaking and individual. ;-)

raymondh 2012-10-08 20:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by onemadmanc (Post 1151479)
AWESOME COVER - very well done
please do enjoy the silence my fav 80's song from depeche mode - that would be epic

+1

Or Home.

Whagi 2012-10-08 22:02

Wow, this is fantastic. Well done my friend.

billymcbride 2012-10-09 08:11

I have never heard that song until now. Lots of half-step notes and surprises. You make the singing to a complex melody seem easy. Your higher voice and mix sound good.

tincture 2012-10-09 11:38

Very, very nice. Love your vocal!