Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Mana Iccha (Forbidden Desire) - A Hindi Newave collab Featuring Musicalrain (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=168721)

ecopro 2012-10-10 14:38

Mana Iccha (Forbidden Desire) - A Hindi Newave collab Featuring Musicalrain

I approached Joe (Musicalrain)with this sort of Middle Eastern style track.
He wrote the lyrics and did the vocals, plus he added some synth and perc action in the mix.

Ladies & gents here goes: Mana Iccha (Forbidden Desire)

Thanks you all for listening!

Ed

carlgrace 2012-10-10 19:08

Dang Ed that song was something else! I loved the music, and the middle-eastern vibe. The vocals were such an awesome addition. Musicalrain really brought it to the table, didn't he? And they were mixed so well... really brought you to a new space.

Thanks for posting!

Carl

ecopro 2012-10-11 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlgrace (Post 1152905)
Dang Ed that song was something else! I loved the music, and the middle-eastern vibe. The vocals were such an awesome addition. Musicalrain really brought it to the table, didn't he? And they were mixed so well... really brought you to a new space.

Thanks for posting!

Carl

Thanks Carl! I'm so glad you really liked it man. Joe really brought the Indian vibe to this with his vocals for sure. We meshed up different elements indeed.

Thanks for listening and commenting Carl!

Joumb 2012-10-12 07:30

Cool track, great singing and great production guys!! I love the genre name 'Hindi Newave' :-)). When I first went to India years ago they didn't have pirate cd's yet like the rest of Asia, they had pirate cassettes!! And on many you could hear a needle on vinyl in the quiet and silent bits, classic!! If Bollywood pick up your track both of you have to wear bright orange 'Ghandi' pants for a year, it's just how it is :-)))

ecopro 2012-10-12 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joumb (Post 1154177)
Cool track, great singing and great production guys!! I love the genre name 'Hindi Newave' :-)). When I first went to India years ago they didn't have pirate cd's yet like the rest of Asia, they had pirate cassettes!! And on many you could hear a needle on vinyl in the quiet and silent bits, classic!! If Bollywood pick up your track both of you have to wear bright orange 'Ghandi' pants for a year, it's just how it is :-)))

lol...very interesting bits of information about India and their 'ol bootlegging system. I bet that was hard work for pirates, having to record from vinyl to cassette takes time, but it was most likely better quality.

:D I wouldn't mind wearing the Aladdin pants as long as I'm dancing with a hottie like this one:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...wPCJJHbnXP5KgA

LastAlternative 2012-10-12 19:23

How do you get so many comments in 3 days??? Are you in a soundcloud group/groups?

ecopro 2012-10-12 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerski (Post 1154499)
How do you get so many comments in 3 days??? Are you in a soundcloud group/groups?

Dude! it's quid pro quo. :)

Most of the time I give lots of honest feedback, and then hope for the best. There are some genuine listeners among the casual "That's nice" by-passers.

LastAlternative 2012-10-12 21:22

Yeah I'm always commenting too. My question is are you in any soundcloud groups? If so, is it more of a community of people actually giving feedback?

ecopro 2012-10-12 22:30

I'm in one group "Music Nuevo" Most of the people who post there are from this forum.
I actually started out pretty low in SC like 2 years ago, and then
gradually began getting more listeners.
My guess is as long as you keep planting those seeds of music...
We reap what we sow, more than we sow, and later than we sow. ;)

musicalrain 2012-10-16 12:42

This track was very cool from the start. It was fantastic working with
Ed on his masterpiece. Right from the start those eastern melodies just pop out at you.
Very Pro production work there ED !