Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Viking - Nothing Without You feat. Mandi Seekings (Predation Mix) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=168774)

sh73888 2012-10-11 12:16

Viking - Nothing Without You feat. Mandi Seekings (Predation Mix)

1 Attachment(s)
Hello my fellow programmers lol...
I am new on here, but not new to the music scene (12yrs more or less now).. Shout out from DC if anyone is nearby and a fellow reasonfreak, definitely get at me.

Here is my first track done entirely in Reason 6.5.1 with reracks, PredRE, etc. "Mastered" in reason without limiting then exported to Audacity for limiting with the Ozone Limiter (Dont like the eq in ozone, especially since I cant run a long enough clip thru Audacity.. dont get me started there).
Vocals are by this chick in Las Vegas who rocks - Mandi Seekings - and the vocals are her U2 "With or Without You" cover, but heavily chopped and rearranged of course.
Arrangement, et al. by me
133bpm
Deep Progressive House

Loading SoundCloud…

Would love some feedback and am definitely going to be scrolling through adding what limited knowledge I may have to other peoples tracks etc. so if anyone has any questions for me or whatever just holla.

sh73888 2012-10-14 11:37

.................................................. ..........

snakeofjune 2012-10-14 16:55

not my style of thing so i can't comment so well on it. I would say I really expected something bigger after the first drop around 0.40. I liked the part when the vocals come in and the synth sounds are pretty good there. I still thought that drop could have been bigger. If you could work on getting slightly more depth in the mix that would be good. At the moment everything sounds sort of as upfront in the mix as everything else. I'd say, decide what your main elements are and foreground them, then work around those main elements. just my thoughts. hope that helps. soj

sh73888 2012-10-16 08:39

Much appreciated my man. I agree with you too. depth wise, you mean dynamics? As in individual track levels or the master bus compression/limiting? The mixing style you described is generally my approach ambiguously speaking, with a central bass theme pretty consistently. So what style do you do if you dont mind me askin?

FYI This was my first track with 6.5 - prior it was 3.0 so I am acclimating to the awesome new ssl mixer for one thing plus, I dont know bout you, but I think there is a huge difference in frequency spectrum through my sen 280pros jumping from 16bit to 24bit through a VRM box, also jumping from 3.0 sound engine to 6.5 sound engine. There is just so much more space to work with (I like the ssl options like the control room outage - so many tweaks to squeeze that extra .1dB out here and there its wild). But yeah anyway do you know what I am talkin bout with the space of the mix 16 to 24bit? Or am I wiggin..

tincture 2012-10-16 12:41

I thought it sounded great. Very nice work.

Johnmoglas 2012-10-19 20:01

This is a touchy song, and i love it very much...