Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Uploading songs and Rights to it. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=168860)

YoshiD 2012-10-12 11:24

Uploading songs and Rights to it.
 
Hello everyone!

If i used a loop from reasons sound bank in a music i made. Can i call it an original work? I mean i made everything else, except for that one loop i used from Dr Octo. And is using a file from the sound banks considered as sampling? If i do upload the song on soundcloud should i just just make the copyright as creative commons? Or is it alright to use All rights reserved? Just want to understand how to go about this whole process of uploading songs. And copyright stuff. Since I've read a bunch of threads but didn't really see anything using rex files. I just want to be clear in that one issue concerning the rex loop.

Sorry if i ended up with one to many questions. Your help is appreciated.

Thanks.

MayorMcCheese 2012-10-12 11:49

As an owner of a Propellerhead product, anything you use from the Factory Sound Bank is yours to do so free and clear in your own musical compositions. You don’t owe Propellerhead a dime or any kind of copyright jazz. A credit on the cover sleeve would be nice, though.

YoshiD 2012-10-12 11:57

Thanks!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese (Post 1154266)
As an owner of a Propellerhead product, anything you use from the Factory Sound Bank is yours to do so free and clear in your own musical compositions. You don’t owe Propellerhead a dime or any copyright jazz. A credit on the cover sleeve would be nice, though.




Thanks for the help! I got confused with all the threads I've been reading and ended up not knowing whats what. Thanks for answering. Appreciated much.

MayorMcCheese 2012-10-12 12:06

Even the Propellerhead End User License Agreement (EULA) is a bit ambiguous on the issue, but the Propellerhead powers that be have posted here many times on the subject. They love it when we legitimately use their products, the Factory Sound Bank being one, and we make oodles of money. Or even if we don’t, I guess they still love it that we used it.

And hey, welcome to the forums and to Reason Essentials.

YoshiD 2012-10-12 12:42

Credit goes to propellerhead!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MayorMcCheese (Post 1154272)
Even the Propellerhead End User License Agreement (EULA) is a bit ambiguous on the issue, but the Propellerhead powers that be have posted here many times on the subject. They love it when we legitimately use their products, the Factory Sound Bank being one, and we make oodles of money. Or even if we don’t, I guess they still love it that we used it.

And hey, welcome to the forums and to Reason Essentials.



Cant thank you enough on how much this put me at ease in posting songs. And no doubt I'll be giving due credit to propellerhead. Never have i created music as fast and at ease till i got my balance and essentials.

Oh And Glad to have been given a warm welcome. Thanks again MayorMc!

LastAlternative 2012-10-12 19:32

Does the same apply to using Amt Drums? Specifically making my own beat, rather than using loops? Are their samples copyrighted?

pushedbutton 2012-10-12 20:10

It's hard not to be ambiguioua about rights when it comes to music but you can use a little common sense.
If you use a sample from the FSB and do something creative with it then you're doing exactly what it's for. If you rip the samples out of the FSB, make no changes and try to sell them as your own work you'll be made to walk the plank.
For example, I have a friend who doesn't have Reason, he liked the sound of a rex loop I used and wanted a copy of it. I told him to go and buy Reason if he wanted it that much as I dont have the right to give the FSB away. I could have got around it by doing something creative to the file but at the end of the day he's just an ableton user so fuck him.

TheFatControlleR 2012-10-12 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by pushedbutton (Post 1154531)
I could have got around it by doing something creative to the file but at the end of the day he's just an ableton user so fuck him.

http://www.thefatcontroller.co.uk/po...rpics/pmsl.gif

Oh, and welcome to the forum YoshiD!


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:07.