Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Music Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   126 Bpm Techno (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=168916)

mayzon 2012-10-13 09:14

126 Bpm Techno

Hi all

Went out clubbing tonight/lastnight and saw/heard 'Marco Corola' some of you may know him?

Anyway I got inspired and instead of going to bed like a good boy I stayed up with a bottle of red wine and made this....
Loading SoundCloud…

Obviously unmastered etc but for someone who can't even see, surely?

Cheers

Mart

sh73888 2012-10-14 11:35

This sounds SICK. and GREAT bass frequency distinction. No idea who marco corola is but this is a pretty good track. Perc lead at 49sec not quite my cup of tea - everything else going including the wrooom wroom thing is great. although i could use a little more modulation on the vroom lfo thinger. like a gate/sidechain automation effect. and some whitenoise sweeps. and maybe a gateverb snare on/or right before drops.
really like this subtle pwmish synth coming up now. your specialty is drums/bass mixing aint it. Its really realy friggin phat and crisp.

snakeofjune 2012-10-14 16:48

i like the fact that it's pretty understated and introduces small sounds and noises around a simple deep, dark core. Headphone techno. like it :)

DIGITUS 2012-10-14 17:46

Very nice minimal dance track. I found the abrupt ending startling though.

mayzon 2012-10-15 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by sh73888 (Post 1155415)
This sounds SICK. and GREAT bass frequency distinction. No idea who marco corola is but this is a pretty good track. Perc lead at 49sec not quite my cup of tea - everything else going including the wrooom wroom thing is great. although i could use a little more modulation on the vroom lfo thinger. like a gate/sidechain automation effect. and some whitenoise sweeps. and maybe a gateverb snare on/or right before drops.
really like this subtle pwmish synth coming up now. your specialty is drums/bass mixing aint it. Its really realy friggin phat and crisp.

Thanks for the response and feedback mate! I think it definatly needs to evolve more amd the modulation on the vroom vroom thing is a must. Appreciate you taking the time to listen and glad you like it. Watch this space, I'll post up a final mix when its done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeofjune (Post 1155513)
i like the fact that it's pretty understated and introduces small sounds and noises around a simple deep, dark core. Headphone techno. like it :)

Thank you thats most kind. It was after all mixed and made entirely in headphones so thats fitting :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIGITUS (Post 1155540)
Very nice minimal dance track. I found the abrupt ending startling though.

Thanks Digitus yep I hadn't got round to laying the track out properly so its on the to do list :)

Phunindustries 2012-10-16 08:42

i see the influence of that set of carola, good structure variations, i think definitly some balance on the mix and mastering can make this tune sound big! really nice! and ive listen to you other music is very good! ;)

raymondh 2012-10-16 10:56

nicely done - that wobbling bass is cool!

mayzon 2012-10-16 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phunindustries (Post 1156639)
i see the influence of that set of carola, good structure variations, i think definitly some balance on the mix and mastering can make this tune sound big! really nice! and ive listen to you other music is very good! ;)

Hi mate thanks for the comments, yes the aim is to get this track sounding big through mastering once it's finished :)

Thanks for listening to some other tracks too :D glad you like!

Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondh (Post 1156676)
nicely done - that wobbling bass is cool!

Thanks Raymond :)

devilfish 2012-10-16 19:17

wuuuuhuuuuu :D

i love it !!!

clubbing !!!!!!! ;)

mayzon 2012-10-16 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilfish (Post 1157010)
clubbing !!!!!!! ;)

One day :D