Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Two Ignition keys (Home and Tour) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=169080)

TTTOY 2012-10-15 22:15

Two Ignition keys (Home and Tour)

Hello,,
I would like to ask if anyone knows if I could use one Ignition key at home on my working Desktop and one different key to take with me on tour.. I´m aware of forgetting it home and lazy enough to keep one safe in my gearbag and one connected on my desktop..
Would that work?

Thanks for any help.
Best
TTT

Smedberg 2012-10-15 22:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTTOY (Post 1156374)
Hello,,
I would like to ask if anyone knows if I could use one Ignition key at home on my working Desktop and one different key to take with me on tour.. I´m aware of forgetting it home and lazy enough to keep one safe in my gearbag and one connected on my desktop..
Would that work?

Thanks for any help.
Best
TTT

No, but you could get a Balance Audio interface and have the licence on that for home use, and the normal IK for gigs.

joseydeclaire 2012-10-15 22:32

Quote:

Hello,,
Would that work?

Thanks for any help.
Best
TTT

Buy Propellerhead "Balance" (so you´ve key for at home and a nice Audiointerface in same time) or a second "Reason"-License. Thats the two ways how it works.

joeyluck 2012-10-16 00:29

I was not aware the Balance and the key would hold the license simultaneously. If so, that is mighty gracious of them.

Otherwise, your other option without making a purchase of Balance or a second Reason license would be to use internet at home (if you have a connection there) and use the key for the road (since you may encounter more times without internet connection while abroad). Another option: I'm a bit hesitant in placing my ignition key on my key ring (with my car keys), but then again, I don't have a prob forgetting it. You could try that? Will be hard to leave it behind then!

n0ahg 2012-10-16 01:05

See https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=147194

slevin 2012-10-16 01:13

MAN O MAN!!! This one really get's me good!!! For those of us that tour this is a HUGE Problem and after almost a year of inquiring about this our only bet is to buy every thing twice which is NOT cool at ALL!!!! I really hope pH fixes this or even more artist will ditch Reason!

n0ahg 2012-10-16 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by slevin (Post 1156487)
MAN O MAN!!! This one really get's me good!!! For those of us that tour this is a HUGE Problem and after almost a year of inquiring about this our only bet is to buy every thing twice which is NOT cool at ALL!!!! I really hope pH fixes this or even more artist will ditch Reason!

There is no issue as long as you run one copy at a time, the ignition key enforces this and good computers have at least 3 USB ports!

yorick 2012-10-16 03:16

Quote:

Hello,,
Would that work?

Thanks for any help.
Best
TTT

Balance for home, IK for tour.

TTTOY 2012-10-16 12:26

Hello,, thanks for your answers!
Well.. I already got a nice Edirol card with multiple outs on tour and a VERY nice RME card for home usage... Wouldn´t like to ditch them at this point.. Besides that I´m not swedish and can´t keep buying new stuff all the time :)))

Anyway, thanks for your help guys!

popart38 2012-10-16 13:59

You can only have a licence in ONE IK or Balance, not in two at the same time.