Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Audio Click for Drummer, Help!!! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=169194)

JJeanluc 2012-10-17 15:13

Audio Click for Drummer, Help!!!

Hi guys.
I need to solve a problem.
I'm using REASON 6.5 live along with a NOVATION MIDI CONTROLLER.
I'm using Combinators in the sequencer in order to provide a sort of tracklist, with each Combinator and its sounds corresponding to single track of a concert.
In addition to that, i'm working with some backing tracks on the SEQ, each one with it's own tempo so i had to disable stretching to let them sound correctly.
Is there a way to give Click to a drummer without making huge mess with backing tracks?
So far, i got that MIDI OUT doesn't exist and you have to work it out with AUDIO. Fortunately, my audio interface has 4 OUTS so i could do that, but still i don't know any way to get to my purpose.
How can i change BPM from song to song?

dub08 2012-10-17 15:16

Don't know if I understand correctly but, instead of stretching, you could just automate the project tempo to follow eah "part"..and then the reason metronome will be in time with all the other stuff.
Not sure what youre working with inthe tracks but i would guess exact tempos would be crucial too.

Sorry if I'm off base here, just rambling :p

JJeanluc 2012-10-17 16:03

[QUOTE=dub08;1157790]Don't know if I understand correctly but, instead of stretching, you could just automate the project tempo to follow eah "part"..and then the reason metronome will be in time with all the other stuff.
/QUOTE]

I want to focus on Click for Drummers, but, this is actually interesting.
How can i do that? How can i make the tempo "follow" the single audio clips?

Bretstradamus 2012-10-17 16:24

Automate the tempo per song section, make a click instrument that plays during each one. It's pretty simple, you'll just have to make sure you use your own click instrument so you can control it's output and not the built in click device.

gwynebiau 2012-10-17 18:12

I only have one audio out so I don't have a lot of experience with this, but you should be able to route the track that Bretstradamus suggested you make directly to one of the extra audio outputs using the Audio I/O section in the Hardware Interface device (the very first thing at the top of the rack).

I believe you can just route the output from that track to Audio Output 3/4 and that'll give you what you're looking for. If not, check that section of the manual and it should let you know what to do. :)

JJeanluc 2012-10-18 13:06

Thanks a lot...
So, you mean for example, making a long audio track in the sequencer with as many clips as the songs we play, with individual "tempo" automation, right?
Then, i just rout the direct output to channel 3-4 of the Audio Interface, and "les jeux sont fait"....should be easy.....
There shoul be also another solution: what about the "Run Pattern Devices" option on the combinator? Can i run a click sequence (with REDRUM, THOR, REX and so on) as i start playing, routing it to the drummer (in a similar way to the arpeggios on most popular workstations?).
So i can have my sequence for every single combinator and every single songs, that the drummer hears immediately as i start to play. Right?

gwynebiau 2012-10-18 18:42

Sounds like it should work to me. :)