Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Rack Extension Price (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=169207)

ballacr75 2012-10-17 17:32

Rack Extension Price

Hi, for my opinion some rack extension are too much expensive, personally I can't buy most of the RE but if the price was 5 or 10 euro each maybe I can buy all, and maybe you can sell more...
Then I need also some instrument more and not so much effect. (korg wavestation, korg ms20, some modular, vector synth, addictive synth, dx7 synth, wavetable, hammond, epiano... all virtual and not sampled...)
thanks

Mate 2012-10-17 17:40

I concur with you, though 5 - 10 euros or 10 - 15 bucks it's not fair!

I think that maximum FX price should be 30 bucks\euros & maximum Instrument price should be 70 bucks\euros!

LABONERECORDINGS 2012-10-17 17:42

You might be in luck with my RE when it comes in.... :D

JoshuaPhilgarlic 2012-10-17 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballacr75 (Post 1157899)
personally I can't buy most of the RE

Personally, I can't buy a Mercedes Benz. Sometimes life is hard and unfair :D .

Mate 2012-10-17 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by spatzle (Post 1157922)
Personally, I can't buy a Mercedes Benz. Sometimes life is hard and unfair :D .

It's cool that you can't buy any car, coz having a car it's a BIG TIME hemorrhoid! :)

TAXI rules!

JoshuaPhilgarlic 2012-10-17 18:22

I just don't need any ;) .

Mate 2012-10-17 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by spatzle (Post 1157929)
I just don't need any ;) .

Yeah, I understand that, but even Mercedes Benz it's already a trouble! :D

Really, I can feel any second how cool not to have a car & driver licence, damn, it's a big freedom!

EnochLight 2012-10-18 04:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballacr75 (Post 1157899)
Hi, for my opinion some rack extension are too much expensive, personally I can't buy most of the RE but if the price was 5 or 10 euro each maybe I can buy all, and maybe you can sell more...
Then I need also some instrument more and not so much effect. (korg wavestation, korg ms20, some modular, vector synth, addictive synth, dx7 synth, wavetable, hammond, epiano... all virtual and not sampled...)
thanks

Rack Extensions are a bloody steal when compared to the rest of the industry. Price out the VST counterparts to Softube's lineup, or Rob Papen's Predator... The RE versions are almost always less expensive, and by a huge margin comparatively speaking. It's also likely you'll see more instruments as the year(s) go by. Remember - RE's literally just came out a few months ago. It'll take time to mature.

Rack Extensions offer so much in the form of future compatibility (try using your favorite VST for 10-15 years and see if it works... or if it's even supported)... RE's will. They're OS agnostic. I could go on but this has been done to death.

Don't get me wrong - I'm a consumer whore just like the rest of you, and want the cheapest deal that I can find - but I also realize that sometimes you have to pay the price for something you really want. :D

reasoner498 2012-10-18 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mate
Really, I can feel any second how cool not to have a car & driver licence, damn, it's a big freedom!

Well Petersburg has a good public transportation system, or at least did when I was there in '94.

Unfortunately, here in the US, it's not quite as good, and a car is almost a necessity.

PsyTale 2012-10-18 09:00

Loose the benzy get on a RE frenzy

I don't have a Mercedes Benz (read car)... But I do have almost all re's except tsar 1r and some sugar bytes ones and dual chorus from synapse audio, al others I have bought. I'm not filthy rich but I have a decent job. I think you need to get rid of your car :)