Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I need help with reason live sampling!!!! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=169212)

MarkYee 2012-10-17 18:42

I need help with reason live sampling!!!!

Ok im trying to record some samples in Reason 6 but when I record i'm only getting sound from the left speaker. I have Krk RP6's with Digi 003 Rack+ Factory and iMac 27" quad core 2.8 i5 2011 model, just in case you guys need to know. I have my mic plugged into input one and it works fine when recording vocals on a audio track, i'm getting sound from left and right speakers according to the "Master Section". The "Big Meter" is only showing sound coming from the left even though sound is coming from both speakers. Just using the live sampling im only getting sound from one side. Now when i use my built in microphone+ built in output settings in pref. everything works fine left and right feedback also when recording a sample. For the love of music i need some help PLEASSEE!!! Thanks for listening folks.

MsKeng 2012-10-17 18:59

Your input is mono but you've all two wires plugged in by default (stereo) from the input 1-2 (or whatever) of your sound card in reason. You've to unplug the right chanell (2) from your input to the input of the sample so you can sample mono material ;)

simply press tab to flip the rack and unplug manually the wire ;)

xcuse my eng. :)

gwynebiau 2012-10-17 19:15

Also, when you're recording to an Audio Track, there is an option of Mono or Stereo, so make sure to set that to Mono if you're recording from a standard mono mic/guitar/etc.

MsKeng 2012-10-17 19:18

The OP problem is for the sampler, not for audio tracks, the sampler is connected in stereo by default and you've to unplug the right channel for using it to sample Voice Samples ;)

MarkYee 2012-10-17 19:31

Imma give that a try. I also do apologize to the noobness

MarkYee 2012-10-17 19:34

How i do that? Sorry for the noobness.

OMOMs 2012-10-18 03:15

In the Rack go to the top left and hit tab.
now on the very top press the leftest button you can find; it's labled Audio I/O
The orange section marks the sampling input.
Disconnect the cable that says R (it's the right channel). Now all the samples you record are in proper mono and spread on both left and right channel equally.
All Reasons devices act like that.
If you have a mono source like subtractor, you'd plug the cable into the left input. Were you to put the cable in the right channel only, leaving the left channel out, you'd hear nothing.
If you sample a lot it would make sense to make a template song file, with sampling input already customized, and maybe something like a kong or a redrum, whatever you always want to be there from the start.
cheers
fredhoven

MarkYee 2012-10-18 10:03

OMOMs YOU ARE A GOD!!!!! I TILT MY HAT TO YOU GOOD SIR!!!! Thank you a milli!!!!! fredhoven forever!! Now how do i add you in here for future ref lol?

OMOMs 2012-10-18 15:01

click on the main Forum Button at the top right of the page (the grey one) and then on forum settings.
on the left side there is a contact thingy. click on it and type my name in there.
if you need help you can always write a PM
cheers
Fredhoven