Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Support for VST plugins (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=169363)

JollyRogerZA 2012-10-19 14:49

Support for VST plugins

I love Reason but I also love my East west VSTi's also I love my Universal Audio plugins. If Reason could support this I would never have to use Cubase again! If we could run things like BFD2, East West symphonic orchestra, Goliath even NI Complete inside reason that would be amazing! Support for 64 bit only would be great! Think of the expansion to those products it would bring and also think of what it would bring to Reason. I get that you implemented reason Rack Extensions thats great but for instance I already bought the UAD emulation of the Trident EQ, why then must I buy it again? Would it not be great to to able to use a UA 1176 or fairchild or whatevr inside Reason!?

chou 2012-10-19 15:49

you can't no more expect vst support since RE exist,

and even if UAD plugins are good, nothing can justify the use of a DSP dongle at such a price nowadays,

I'm ok to support the fear of piracy if it cost 30 usd but I cant accept the idea to pay more DSP card to have more instances of plugins since the DSP system is overpriced and underpowered like UAD is

and the superior sonic experience UA offered in the past is no more an exclusivity with a lot of native companies that offert amazing native plugins

I'm glad with the one and only dongle we have with Reason and RE,

no need to add another since this one at 30 usd works very well,

but UAD is more about paying DSP cards than plugins, so I don't see UA to port their plugins to RE protected by IK dongle.

and to support a DSP plateform is a huge task too and a total waste of time for PH

especialy when you see that a vast majority of peoples moanning about 29 usd RE,

I don't see all of them spending 1500 usd on a DSP card just to be able to run 300 usd plugins.

UAD is for me already a dead plateform due to the dead end created by DSP cards,

If UA release RE with no DSP cards needed, I would be interested again.

but no more UAD jail for me.

Makis 2012-10-19 21:30

I personally don't mind the dsp card. I wish they could transfer all their plug ins into RE format. Then I would buy the Dsp card.

JoshuaPhilgarlic 2012-10-19 23:21

I asked Props for VST about 10 years ago. The answer was 'NO'. Since that time I understood their concept and I agree with them. REs are a cool thing and that's enough for me.

I'm really tired about this VST whining!

Arsenic 2012-10-19 23:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by JollyRogerZA (Post 1159492)
I love Reason but I also love my East west VSTi's also I love my Universal Audio plugins. If Reason could support this......

You've got more chance of plaiting fog,than VSTi support, now REs have been implimented

sinnerfire 2012-10-20 19:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by spatzle (Post 1159897)
I'm really tired about this VST whining!

Wont ever go away, people love Re's but im thinking they love there VST's better.

A lot of people are sick of using Logic, Cubase ect.

Reason in my opinion is the best DAW BUT having to rewire all the time is long and tiresome for me + ends up with messy projects and large file sizes.

Sugar Bites Cylops, N.I.Massive and Machine are my favorite synths/samplers to use in my productions.

We need vst support, were not going to get it but WE STILL NEED IT!!

marc64 2012-10-20 20:55

When RE's came, I don't think we gonna see VST in reason cause the developers would have been wasting theire time doing RE's of theire stuff instead of focusing on vst and "HOPEING" to see vst in reason.

So why choose reason when you KNOW it didn't support vst in the first place :P

RE is close enought for me, when and if the props will updated the SDK so the developers can do fold, switch panels and more , vst will defenitly be obsolete I think...
Just think of the possibilities of the RE's backside :D

Just give it time, I am guessing that many more RE's will come :D

And I think many wants vst in reason cause many vst's are free... and RE's are NOT!

Support the developers! :D

sinnerfire 2012-10-20 21:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc64 (Post 1160504)
When RE's came, I don't think we gonna see VST in reason cause the developers would have been wasting theire time doing RE's of theire stuff instead of focusing on vst and "HOPEING" to see vst in reason.

So why choose reason when you KNOW it didn't support vst in the first place :P

RE is close enought for me, when and if the props will updated the SDK so the developers can do fold, switch panels and more , vst will defenitly be obsolete I think...
Just think of the possibilities of the RE's backside :D

Just give it time, I am guessing that many more RE's will come :D

And I think many wants vst in reason cause many vst's are free... and RE's are NOT!

Support the developers! :D

I chose Reason as my sequencer of choice back in 2004.

Back then, vst's were kinda shit and prone to crashing.

These days vst's are really good and hardly ever crash.

I like Reason better than Logic, Cubase ect

(Now pay attention cause this is the simple point that u seem to be missing)

I want to be able to use my favorite vst's.........inside Reason :)

Simple as that.

Now as we all know, the Props invented Re's soooooo there is little chance of there ever being vst support in Reason.

Its a sad fact but true none the less.

This changes nothing, i will always wont vst support, even if i never get it.

Its good to embrace new technology and not be so stuck in the past that u actively put down someone who says that they wont something new.

Tell me something, if Reason had vst support, im thinking that you wouldn't be interested in using it in your projects right..... so why are you so against othere people using it?

Honestly marc, for someone who has been using Reason since 2001, i expect more from you.

marc64 2012-10-21 01:29

I'm not against other ppl wanting and using vst, not steping on any toes here :D
IF they have added vst support in reason, I would gladly use it, And now when we have RE's we are half way there, they just need to update theire SDK so the developers can work theire magic :D

sinnerfire 2012-10-21 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by marc64 (Post 1160748)
I'm not against other ppl wanting and using vst, not steping on any toes here :D
IF they have added vst support in reason, I would gladly use it, And now when we have RE's we are half way there, they just need to update theire SDK so the developers can work theire magic :D

+1 i agree totally and from what i hear, the SDK is really basic?