Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Notes play back to short (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=169396)

louise109 2012-10-19 23:50

Notes play back to short

When I am in free style mode notes play back too short in sequencer. I have tried everything it's driving me crazy!!

I have reason essential balance and Nekta Panarama. You would think with this setup and legit software you wouldn't get these problems.

Had a nightmare with ignition key and now this. I have had more than my fare share of problems so far and i'm not happy.

MattiasHG 2012-10-20 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by louise109 (Post 1159925)
When I am in free style mode notes play back too short in sequencer. I have tried everything it's driving me crazy!!

I have reason essential balance and Nekta Panarama. You would think with this setup and legit software you wouldn't get these problems.

Had a nightmare with ignition key and now this. I have had more than my fare share of problems so far and i'm not happy.

This is a problem that's not quite a problem and easy to solve! ;)

You've set up two copies of the same control surface in the preferences so Reason receives TWO signals every time you hit ONE key. This means the note will be cut off as soon as you play it. Go to Control Surfaces in preferences and make sure only one keyboard is selected (and has a green check mark next to it).

louise109 2012-10-20 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattiasHG (Post 1159962)
This is a problem that's not quite a problem and easy to solve! ;)

You've set up two copies of the same control surface in the preferences so Reason receives TWO signals every time you hit ONE key. This means the note will be cut off as soon as you play it. Go to Control Surfaces in preferences and make sure only one keyboard is selected (and has a green check mark next to it).

Ok thanks will try that

louise109 2012-10-20 01:39

Nope doesn't work. Iv'e reinstalled software also and done all the general obvious stuff.

pushedbutton 2012-10-20 01:47

did you install the drivers before plugging the controller in or did you fuck it up?

louise109 2012-10-20 04:17

I installed the drivers before switching controller on. Hmmm do I have to disconnect the lead from the computer as well? I wouldn't of thought that would make any difference. I have even had a sound tec round who has found the whole process a ball ache.

louise109 2012-10-20 04:25

I think it's something to do with the Nekta Panarama. It's setup is different to other keyboard controllers like the Oxygen for example. Been following the you tube tutorial to set up and it doesn't seem be responding the same way. Got someone coming round to check it out. He's used to macs i'm not.

dub08 2012-10-20 04:26

Hey Louise
I also have the Nektar and I remember a problem like this I had..was a few weeks ago now, I'll try to look up the support page I used.

Is this from notes played with the Pads? IIRC that was a part of my issue (I think)

louise109 2012-10-20 04:47

when i play back on sequencer it plays notes really short. So much you can hardly hear anything.

louise109 2012-10-20 04:50

Doesn't matter what instrument i use. Drums and matrix work fine.