Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is this possible (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=169435)

ProMusic27 2012-10-20 15:04

Is this possible

Hi there...

In this second post of my I'll, probably, make a question as dumb as the first one... But, you guys are so kind that I believe will answer me anyways... lol.

OK... I have LOTs of refills (like everybody else)... Yesterday I started to make a lil organization and I'd put the more relevant ones at the top of the list... And it worked, I shut down Reason and, when I re-opened it, the organization still there... Great!

The question is: - Can I save this "organization" as a preset in case I have to format everything? I have Acronis and, a backup restoration is already my first option... But, this other one would make part of my "plan C", sort of speak.

Thanks, peace.

selig 2012-10-20 18:30

I'm not sure how your are doing your organization, but if you're not already familiar with them you should look into using "favorites" in addition to whatever else you're doing. You can have more than one favorites list (one for FX, one for synths, one for drums, etc), plus you can copy and even share these lists (and of course you can back these up as well). Hope this helps! :-)

ProMusic27 2012-10-20 21:28

Will try it... Thanks...
Just for the record, I was doing my organization simply by moving up/down the refills... And they stick where you leave them... Was working, but it looks to be impossible to save positiona this way.

Peace.

SteveDiverse 2012-10-20 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProMusic27 (Post 1160533)
I was doing my organization simply by moving up/down the refills... And they stick where you leave them... Was working, but it looks to be impossible to save positiona this way.

Try renaming them...using numbers as the first characters so they sort in number order.

just note, that since the names are strings, you need to put leading zeroes, or start with 10 or 100, or the sort will be "1", "10". "11"..., "2", "20"...

ProMusic27 2012-10-20 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDiverse (Post 1160601)
Try renaming them...using numbers as the first characters so they sort in number order.

just note, that since the names are strings, you need to put leading zeroes, or start with 10 or 100, or the sort will be "1", "10". "11"..., "2", "20"...

Nice tip dude, thanks

djfresha 2012-10-20 23:29

another tip - put commonly no more than 20 refills in one folder - reason being is that it does slow down file opening operation (I had a vast amount in one place had to move loads out and found the browser sped up)

ProMusic27 2012-10-21 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfresha (Post 1160656)
another tip - put commonly no more than 20 refills in one folder - reason being is that it does slow down file opening operation (I had a vast amount in one place had to move loads out and found the browser sped up)

So true! It really slows Reason down... I even bought a SSD just for the libraries but it stills too slow... I'll do that, very good tip.

Many thanks, peace.

PsyTale 2012-10-21 14:06

Like that eh!?

When you want to format your pc, just save your;

/users/<username>/appdata/Roaming/Propellerhead Software (windows vista/7)

/documents and settings/<username>/application data/propellerhead software (windows xp)

folder and replace it on your new install after you installed Reason. Thisway your settings are saved.

ProMusic27 2012-10-24 02:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyTale (Post 1160982)
When you want to format your pc, just save your;

/users/<username>/appdata/Roaming/Propellerhead Software (windows vista/7)

/documents and settings/<username>/application data/propellerhead software (windows xp)

folder and replace it on your new install after you installed Reason. Thisway your settings are saved.

A-ha!!! Now we are talking...

Thanks brother...