Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   My second activation key? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=169606)

OhDaeSoo 2012-10-23 00:09

My second activation key?

Hello,

For security reasons, I bought my second activation keys.

But can not activate the license because the license is the first key!?

How? thank you

pushedbutton 2012-10-23 00:20

You can't.
Sucks to be you.

Ok, too blunt. To be fair that would allow you to use your licence on as many computers as you have keys for. That would allow you to have subsequent copies of the software and all your Re's for the price of a 'spare' dongle.
They are sold are spares or replacements, not clones.

Flynnlyves 2012-10-23 04:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhDaeSoo (Post 1161938)
Hello,

For security reasons, I bought my second activation keys.

But can not activate the license because the license is the first key!?

How? thank you

Sup,

Yeah unfortunately you can only have one Activation key that your software is licensed to at once. But what you could do is try to do "Online Verification" if you have reason/rack extensions installed on different computers. There shouldn't be a reason (no pun intended) to purchase another Activation Key. Even if you where to lose it you can do "online verification" until you get another Key. In this case you already have another. Just keep that in a safe place just in case.

n0ahg 2012-10-23 09:09

One license allows you to run Reason on one computer at a time whether via an ignition key or internet authorisation. If you need to use two copies at the same time then you need two licenses.

deankay 2012-10-23 10:50

I bought a spare ignition key in the possible event that I lose my original and have an immediate spare.
I use Reason for live gigs and it was always a worry to lose the key just before a gig, so I bought a spare. But the thing is, even if I lost it I'd still have to contact propellerhead, tell them what's happend and only then can they make an effort to deactivate the old license so I can put it on the new key. Try doing that an hour before you need to get on stage. Basically, I'm fucked. Only option is to NOT lose the key or lose the key well in advance. I pick a time and day that I think is good to lose my ignition key and go for it.
Theres not much I can do, have to deal with what I'm limited to.

OhDaeSoo 2012-10-23 15:19

Deekay you understood exactly my problem! Thank You

A key to the studio and a key when I travel!
Pay a license twice! ... I understand better why many uses cracks! : (

OhDaeSoo 2012-10-23 15:20

??? I do not understand?

Mate 2012-10-23 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by OhDaeSoo (Post 1162258)
Deekay you understood exactly my problem! Thank You

A key to the studio and a key when I travel!
Pay a license twice! ... I understand better why many uses cracks! : (

No one cracks\cracked Reason 6 & above, yet & hopefully never will!

n0ahg 2012-10-23 17:01

You can put your single license on both Balance and an ignition key. This is for convenience and not to allow you to run two copies at the same time.

For the live situation I sometimes wonder if props should change it so you can load a song in demo mode but you can't save.