Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   No go with ignition key after (4 months) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=169826)

Tomg 2012-10-26 16:44

No go with ignition key after (4 months)
 
This is getting a "little" frustrating.
I've emailed the support team over and over, with no replies after the initial, and may I add, many, but alas non working suggestions.
And I know my situation isn't unique, nothing weird with my setup, every software I have ever bought with dongles, or online registration (Adobe creative cloud, to name one) works without a hitch, except Reason and its archaic Ignition key protocol.

I would like a solution to this so I can use what I paid for, I am your client, not your buddy, bro, or other arbitrary pet idiom. Treat me like a paying customer that have an issue with the product he bought from you.

Friendly

T

MattiasHG 2012-10-26 17:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomg (Post 1164689)
This is getting a "little" frustrating.
I've emailed the support team over and over, with no replies after the initial, and may I add, many, but alas non working suggestions.
And I know my situation isn't unique, nothing weird with my setup, every software I have ever bought with dongles, or online registration (Adobe creative cloud, to name one) works without a hitch, except Reason and its archaic Ignition key protocol.

I would like a solution to this so I can use what I paid for, I am your client, not your buddy, bro, or other arbitrary pet idiom. Treat me like a paying customer that have an issue with the product he bought from you.

Friendly

T

Hey Tom,

Your case is actually quite rare - we've never seen a case where our site doesn't see the Ignition Key after the phrem association has been sorted out. One other thing you can try is this:

1. Close authorizer
2. Open a DOS prompt and type "phrem:version?1" without the citation marks

If Authorizer 2 is opening, that's a good sign. If not the association is borked and this could be a fix: https://www.propellerheads.se/suppor...xing_phrem_win

As you wrote in your support mail, since Firefox tries to open the phrem protocol but can't associate it with a program you should be able to associate it manually with Authorizer 2.

I'm really, really sorry for the time this is taking! It's been bounced between support and dev department and was lost in translation for a while.

Please also keep in mind that you can use internet verification while you wait so hopefully this isn't keeping you from making music.

Tomg 2012-10-26 19:35

The Dos approach didnt work.

Checked the link:
So I used Firefox and logged in, clicked manage licenses, and get this:
The address wasn't understood

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (phrem) isn't associated with any program.

You might need to install other software to open this address."

But no way of associate the (phrem) to any program...I assume if it did, I would be out of the weeds....

Anyone?

EnochLight 2012-10-26 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomg (Post 1164843)
The Dos approach didnt work.

When you attempted the DOS command, did Authorizer 2 open?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomg (Post 1164843)
Checked the link:
So I used Firefox and logged in, clicked manage licenses, and get this:
The address wasn't understood

"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (phrem) isn't associated with any program.

You might need to install other software to open this address."

But no way of associate the (phrem) to any program...I assume if it did, I would be out of the weeds....

Anyone?

Try Chrome? Also, try logging out of your Propellerhead account, clear all cookies/cache, restart your router and/or modem, restart your computer, reinstall your browser (or a new one), then try logging into your account and managing your licenses? Also, try another USB port. Try all your USB ports.

Tomg 2012-10-27 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnochLight (Post 1164854)
When you attempted the DOS command, did Authorizer 2 open?

No

Try Chrome? Also, try logging out of your Propellerhead account, clear all cookies/cache, restart your router and/or modem, restart your computer, reinstall your browser (or a new one), then try logging into your account and managing your licenses? Also, try another USB port. Try all your USB ports.

I've tried all those (Chrome,Firefox, Netscape, Explorer), over and over...to the point where it's extremely disappointing.

EnochLight 2012-10-27 02:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomg (Post 1165068)
I've tried all those (Chrome,Firefox, Netscape, Explorer), over and over...to the point where it's extremely disappointing.

Perhaps a defective Ignition Key..

Tomg 2012-11-02 02:19

Not defective at all, R6 sees the ignition key fine, Prophead site however....

n0ahg 2012-11-02 09:31

Sounds like your phrem association is borked or you have the wrong version of Authorizer installed.

danny_f 2012-11-02 09:53

Tom, did you take part in the Reason 6.5 beta?

EnochLight 2012-11-02 12:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ahg (Post 1169328)
Sounds like your phrem association is borked or you have the wrong version of Authorizer installed.

That was going to be my next suggestion. Multiple versions of Authorizer or the wrong version installed will also demonstrate similar symptoms what the OP is describing.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:40.