Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Pulsar: On/Off for LFO 1 or bypass for device (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=169831)

joeyluck 2012-10-26 17:53

Pulsar: On/Off for LFO 1 or bypass for device

Can someone offer a better way of doing this? Right now I believe the options are to either turn down the level for LFO 1 or disconnect the cable. LFO 2 has an On/Off switch, so why not LFO 1? Or why not a Bypass/Off switch for the device?

Often when I make patches (as many do), I like to bypass effects to make edits elsewhere, etc., then bring back in effects (like the Pulsar).

Thoughts? Am I missing something? Or could Pulsar use a Bypass/Unit Off switch?

Thanks =)

dub08 2012-10-26 18:09

Like you say I think your best bet is to treat level knob of LFO1 as the on/off switch.
For now, or when its ever inside one, You could use a button on a combi and, that will go "on/off" a lot easier.

rogerlevy 2012-10-26 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeyluck (Post 1164753)
Can someone offer a better way of doing this? Right now I believe the options are to either turn down the level for LFO 1 or disconnect the cable. LFO 2 has an On/Off switch, so why not LFO 1? Or why not a Bypass/Off switch for the device?

Often when I make patches (as many do), I like to bypass effects to make edits elsewhere, etc., then bring back in effects (like the Pulsar).

Thoughts? Am I missing something? Or could Pulsar use a Bypass/Unit Off switch?

Thanks =)

It would be great to have a separate on/off switch for LFO 1, or the device as a whole.

joeyluck 2012-10-26 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by dub08 (Post 1164765)
Like you say I think your best bet is to treat level knob of LFO1 as the on/off switch.
For now, or when its ever inside one, You could use a button on a combi and, that will go "on/off" a lot easier.

Thanks. I will give that a try.

mac0123 2012-10-27 01:41

on/off/bypass button should be standard on all units in my eyes, this especialy is a pet hate on this great device, only downfall there is on it i encounter.

selig 2012-10-27 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac0123 (Post 1165070)
on/off/bypass button should be standard on all units in my eyes, this especialy is a pet hate on this great device, only downfall there is on it i encounter.

I totally get on/off, I just don't get 'bypass' with Pulsar, since that function is intended for devices with an input/output path. :-)

joeyluck 2012-10-27 02:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by selig (Post 1165077)
I totally get on/off, I just don't get 'bypass' with Pulsar, since that function is intended for devices with an input/output path. :-)

Indeed—On/Off would make more sense.

mac0123 2012-10-27 02:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by selig (Post 1165077)

well i say this as i dont know if its just me, but i find sometimes the on/ off option when automating sometimes on odd things bring fourth a click here and there, where as it seems to never happen when going to bypass/on dont know if that makes sense or if you ever noticed this in anything before ?.
maybe its because i use the switches like dj switches often to make gated effects etc maybe?.
and no im not on drugs, i dont touch em before you think im off my nut lol :).