Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Synapse ANTIDOTE now available in the RE store!! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=170073)

EnochLight 2012-10-30 15:31

Synapse ANTIDOTE now available in the RE store!!

Have you guys seen THIS???!

:D

gwynebiau 2012-10-30 17:22

Just downloaded it! :D

danm 2012-10-30 22:37

is the server messed up or something? i just bought it but i can't download it. it just says 'download failed'

joseydeclaire 2012-10-31 00:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnochLight (Post 1167180)
Have you guys seen THIS???!

:D

seen, tested and no need to buy ... in my eyes.

pjeudy 2012-10-31 04:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by joseydeclaire (Post 1167656)
seen, tested and no need to buy ... in my eyes.

Y is it not worth it ? The Arp... is the only minus I would give it ..it sounds great !!!! In mY ears not my eyes ;-)

joseydeclaire 2012-10-31 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjeudy (Post 1167769)
Y is it not worth it ? The Arp... is the only minus I would give it ..it sounds great !!!! In mY ears not my eyes ;-)

In my ears it´s not worth too. Think, it´s because I hoped it´s more DUNE which I like very, very much. I don´t understand why there are not more waves and some other nice little things like in there flagship thats for me one of best synths in VST/AU-format.

And I compared Antidote with predator (I never had as VST/AU) and wow Rob made it ... what an amazing thing.

And as I first opend Antidote, my first impression was: "is it an amp-RE? because its design looks more like that :).

If persons don´t buy Predator, then Antodote is a nice thing for 79 EURO (but never for 119 EUR, hello, wondering about the other prices of their RE´s too), but if working with Predator and Thor and Subtractor and Malström ... ... really no need in my eyes,my ears and ...

Sorry Synapse´s
(and their office is only 10 kilometers away from my home ... so I´m sorry again too that I don´t like it as much enough ...)

pjeudy 2012-11-01 00:03

I see your point about the waves types not being as deep as PREDATOR.

$99 U.S. SHOULD BE THE ONLY PRICE FOR THIS.

I still enjoy it.Filter type set to -Diode Ladder- ...sounds very warm!

polybonk 2012-11-01 00:19

Wow.

I own a lot of hardware synths and have tried all the usual vst's over the years.

To me the lack of appreciation of Antidote is rather strange.

Well I guess if you just browse presetts then maybe not.

But if you actually get down to using it this synth is utterly unlike any that I have played. Some serious new sonic ground is possible with all those unison oscillators. When this synth does what it is fully capable off then it eats my cpu by %30-40 and I am using the latest IE7 so I guess that is why the presets are so conservative.

I love the drift slider!
Filters are unique sounding.
Raw oscillators sound thick, lush and full of harmonic overtones.
Some of the best white noise I have heard in a digital synth.
Built in effects are fantastic especially the Eq and compressor, this thing can be very punchy.

Personally I think the have got this one right.

pjeudy 2012-11-01 01:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by polybonk (Post 1168457)
Wow.
To me the lack of appreciation of Antidote is rather strange.

Well I guess if you just browse presetts then maybe not.

Been playing with it for 2 days...I really enjoy it.... but where is the under appreciation ? can you post a quote ? or does any Criticism in your view, equals only browsing presets ? and under appreciation ?

As for the presets I always try a shit load of presets...when ever taking a look at a synth.... it's a way to introducing you to the Synth and it's capabilities. But at the same time I hit(reset device)also experimenting with the knobs slider etc........ all my instruments in REASON load by default to initialize.Presets are used for inspirations and also to use depending on if it really fits a track !!!!

The Arpeggiator is weak in ANTIDOTE (20 presets patterns?)...but I like the overall synth sound a lot.

The Effects :
Nothing to write home about. the usual Effects are there no big deal... PREDATOR had all of them and more !!! (but I like the overall synth sound a lot)

In case you can't get creative PREDATOR has 4000 presets...to get your juices flowing ;-0 BUT I STILL LIKE ANTIDOTE ALSO !!!

FILTERS:
PREDATOR RE kills its. 27 types OF FILTERS... BUT I also like ANTIDOTE Diode Ladder Filter type.

etc.... like I said $99 IS A MAX SPOT FOR THIS!But it's also about the sounds that you can get out of it ...

So you see ATIDOTE is not under appreciated ... I'm just not a kool aid man !

NetFink 2012-11-01 02:04

I bought this too... It's a great synth far as I'm concerned! I don't do that much sound creation but I do tweak the presets from time to time.. and I learn about the synth that way.

I have predator too. along with Polysix. This adds to a great collection of alternative sounds when Thor and Malstrom and Subtractor aren't cutting it sometimes. I know those have been around for a while. But its good to see that other developers are bringing some good synths to Reason!!! 99 is a good price compared to a hardware one where you might pay 7 to 10 times or more for those. :)