Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Fully functional, clickable preview in RE-Store! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=170078)

devilfish 2012-10-30 17:14

Fully functional, clickable preview in RE-Store!
 
Hey Guys,

I'd love to see a fully functional, clickable preview in the RE Store!


Example:
I click the Predator on the Effect menu,
to see what effects I can choose and what parameters they have. ;)

Same with the Antidot Effects-Unit or the Filter-Types of UHE-Q
and so on,...

Question:
Why is the preview in the shop not largely functional,
so you can see all the detailed submenus ???


I would find that would be really good!

Lunesis 2012-10-30 18:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilfish (Post 1167273)
Hey Guys,

I'd love to see a fully functional, clickable preview in the RE Store!


Example:
I click the Predator on the Effect menu,
to see what effects I can choose and what parameters they have. ;)

Same with the Antidot Effects-Unit or the Filter-Types of UHE-Q
and so on,...

Question:
Why is the preview in the shop not largely functional,
so you can see all the detailed submenus ???


I would find that would be really good!

Errr, what about the try button?

PsyTale 2012-10-30 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunesis (Post 1167357)
Errr, what about the try button?

Yes this is exactly my thought, this idea stinks.

TRY THE TRY BUTTON!!!! :)

devilfish 2012-10-31 13:43

maybe I will not use it but,
but still want to know what it can do? what is hidden in the submenus?

in the last 4 weeks 10 RE appeared.
how to explore in 30 days 10 devices?

and how do I know which I start best?

yes, I could read the manual, I know that ..

But a few clicks are simply easier

BonezMcCoy 2012-10-31 14:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilfish (Post 1167977)
maybe I will not use it but,
but still want to know what it can do? what is hidden in the submenus?

in the last 4 weeks 10 RE appeared.
how to explore in 30 days 10 devices?

and how do I know which I start best?

yes, I could read the manual, I know that ..

But a few clicks are simply easier

Assuming they are fully functional, what am I going to hook up an effect unit RE to to test it? Because I want to listen to the bloody thing! You know, the name of a preset can mean anything. Woosh, Vroom, Godzilla's balls, A visit to the dentist's, Inlaws, etc.

devilfish 2012-10-31 14:20

presets ?
Who cares for the presets?

Filter-Types (Predator)
FX-Parameter (Antidote/Predator)
FX-Units (Predator)
Filtercurves (UHE-Q)

etc. pp.

easy to quickly have a better overview of what's behind
what's wrong with a fully functional GUI in the shop?

Lunesis 2012-10-31 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilfish (Post 1168003)
presets ?
Who cares for the presets?

Filter-Types (Predator)
FX-Parameter (Antidote/Predator)
FX-Units (Predator)
Filtercurves (UHE-Q)

etc. pp.

easy to quickly have a better overview of what's behind
what's wrong with a fully functional GUI in the shop?

Well, it's sort of a waste of resources to program all that flash or java or whatever.

BonezMcCoy 2012-10-31 14:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilfish (Post 1168003)
presets ?
Who cares for the presets?

Filter-Types (Predator)
FX-Parameter (Antidote/Predator)
FX-Units (Predator)
Filtercurves (UHE-Q)

etc. pp.

easy to quickly have a better overview of what's behind
what's wrong with a fully functional GUI in the shop?

Nothing is wrong, I don't understand how it can help. Knowing names is less helpful than using the machine, IMHO.

jkheal 2012-10-31 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilfish (Post 1167977)
... in the last 4 weeks 10 RE appeared.
how to explore in 30 days 10 devices?

You don't have to try them all at once. You get 30 days for each device. Try them one at a time. That will keep you busy for nearly a year! :-)

BonezMcCoy 2012-10-31 14:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkheal (Post 1168024)
You don't have to try them all at once. You get 30 days for each device. Try them one at a time. That will keep you busy for nearly a year! :-)

Especially if you are not planning to buy them all at once.


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 13:18.