Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Labonerecordings read this (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=170081)

PsyTale 2012-10-30 17:45

Labonerecordings read this please :)

Please guys i love the REQ131, but i hate the sliders, theres no way to tell the middle of the slider (of the knob itself) i have become so accustomed to be be able to determine the middle of a knob in reason that i find it hard to work with.

Can you please in the next release put a little line in the middle of the slider buttons so i know the exact middle?

MattiasHG 2012-10-30 17:47

Shouldn't you be able to cmd+click (Mac) or ctrl+click (PC) to snap it to the middle?

PsyTale 2012-10-30 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattiasHG (Post 1167309)
Shouldn't you be able to cmd+click (Mac) or ctrl+click (PC) to snap it to the middle?

I mean the middle of the knob, not the slider sorry, the knob on the slider. Its hard to click it right because usually i aim for the line in the middle!

LABONERECORDINGS 2012-11-01 09:37

Mattias is right. On the 31 bands you can CTRL-click anywhere on the vertical slot to return that fader to it's centre indent. The GAIN dial does have a centre indent because it's a rotary knob, tried the same method on the faders to emulate a rotary, but then you couldn't click anywhere on the fader slot to make it 'jump' quickly to that position. So unfortunately due to the current SDK there's no other option to centre indent a fader, only rotary knobs.

Also, the Lowcut and High cut dials have default positions of 'fully open' ie Lowcut is always set to 20Hz default while high cut is always 22kHz default - thought this would be best option - would there be any reason to have a centre indent for these two dials?

However, I am working on another RE of similar nature... and if you like the ReQ131 then I think you'll get into this next one

Thanks for the posting, appreciate the feedback :D

PsyTale 2012-11-01 12:30

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LABONERECORDINGS (Post 1168621)
Mattias is right. On the 31 bands you can CTRL-click anywhere on the vertical slot to return that fader to it's centre indent. The GAIN dial does have a centre indent because it's a rotary knob, tried the same method on the faders to emulate a rotary, but then you couldn't click anywhere on the fader slot to make it 'jump' quickly to that position. So unfortunately due to the current SDK there's no other option to centre indent a fader, only rotary knobs.

Also, the Lowcut and High cut dials have default positions of 'fully open' ie Lowcut is always set to 20Hz default while high cut is always 22kHz default - thought this would be best option - would there be any reason to have a centre indent for these two dials?

However, I am working on another RE of similar nature... and if you like the ReQ131 then I think you'll get into this next one

Thanks for the posting, appreciate the feedback :D

Hi,

Thanks for replying, and I am happy to hear yet another product is coming from you! Great!

I know Mathias is right, but like i stated before it is not what i meant.

I added 4 screenshots of other RE's where they can add it, so this is not SDK related its design related :)

Your labonerecording logo is not in HQ either, this bothers me too :)

Please fix it :)

LABONERECORDINGS 2012-11-01 13:40

Hi Psy, thanks for pointing these couple of things out regarding the GUI, I'll speak to our guys in the graphics lab to get re-rendering and see if we can sharpen up the screenprint to be HD. Will see if we can get this sharper & clearer, however part of the rendering relies on the current tools we have available

Thanks again, planning on updating ReQ131 with added metering (only simple LEDs for re-balancing) and will see if the GUI can be done at the same time