Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Controller for ssl mixer (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=170131)

sKeeza 2012-10-31 12:07

Controller for ssl mixer

Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there is any hardware that could be used as a hands on controller for the ssl mixer in reason 6.5? I've seen things like bcr2000 but it very limited.
I have a budget of £500 and would appreciate your help and suggestions.

Please don't shoot me down if this has already been covered, I did search but didn't come up with anything suitable.

Thanks.

combo 2012-10-31 12:13

might not be so hands on but rstouch in the app store is what i use :)

PsyTale 2012-10-31 12:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by sKeeza (Post 1167907)
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if there is any hardware that could be used as a hands on controller for the ssl mixer in reason 6.5? I've seen things like bcr2000 but it very limited.

Please don't shoot me down if this has already been covered, I did search but didn't come up with anything suitable.

Thanks.

I have an M-Audio Projectmix IO it works awesomely with the mixer. But i have a feeling M-Audio soon wil announce a new controller that will replace the Projectmix IO. So..

Djjimmyc 2012-10-31 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by combo (Post 1167912)
might not be so hands on but rstouch in the app store is what i use :)

So with your budget you could get an ipad and rstouch :)

possibly not the solution you're after though!

inakito 2012-10-31 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyTale (Post 1167920)
I have an M-Audio Projectmix IO it works awesomely with the mixer. But i have a feeling M-Audio soon wil announce a new controller that will replace the Projectmix IO. So..

I have used it and works fantastic, such a nice piece of kit!

Djjimmyc 2012-10-31 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by PsyTale (Post 1167920)

How did you get it to work? did you have to program/write a map for it yourself?

Just I'm asking as I have a digidesign 003 (bassically same hardware repackaged) and would love to get it workin in reason

VillaNDubstep 2012-10-31 18:57

I'm sure there are a few reason users that would swear by Panorama P4. I know it's not just a mixer but the faders and rest of the features seem to link in pretty well with the SSL.
The only reason I haven't bought it is because I'm not sure it would help my particular workflow

Carnstein 2012-10-31 19:26

I'm using two BCF2000s which I think provide more utility for the SSL than the BCR2000. Gives me the motorized faders and I have it programmed to pan/solo/mute each channel which is about all I want in a controller. I could see the BCR2000 having the ability to control the comps or EQs in each channel which could be beneficial. I think the best controller for you will probably depend on your workflow.

BeatmakerEI 2012-10-31 19:39

I use the Mackie MCU Pro + 2 Extenders. Gives me complete control!

EnochLight 2012-10-31 19:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by sKeeza (Post 1167907)
Hi guys,

Thanks.

Nektar's Panorama P4. In fact, you get two controllers for the price of one!