Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   More Knobs Please ! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=170168)

charlycharlzz 2012-11-01 01:13

More Knobs Please !

Hello guys I can guess that this request already been done before but it is now that I realise that it was a great demand , these days after a year of reason I miss at least 2 knobs and buttons to have the combi that I whant so what is it going to be in 6 month ?
I think I would need a double combi in a way so a combinator with 8 knobs and 8 buttons yes I would love that !

:)

devilfish 2012-11-01 10:11

raise to 12 knobs and buttons !!! :D

dub08 2012-11-01 13:37

+1 for bigger combi or more controls.

Props, Just make the knobs and buttons twice as small if you need to!! I don't use my "real" hands to turn them anyway. :p

Djjimmyc 2012-11-01 18:13

Agree with the extra controls....always wanting another bank of knobs/buttons!

I'd also like to able to have a seperate audio 'key' input on the combi.
Just that i have a few patches that employ an external source to make them do their thing and i hate seeing EXTERNAL ROUTING on the combi :)

JakTheStripper 2012-11-01 20:33

I agree completely. 8 knobs and buttons would probably take care of most of my needs. It would also be nice if you could decide between a knob or fader. It also wouldn't hurt to add a meter/display on the front that could be fed audio or CV data (would be incredibly useful for dynamics effect combis).

rlubeck 2012-11-02 02:47

Good suggestion Charly.

joshuajohn89 2012-11-02 03:19

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlycharlzz (Post 1168482)
I miss at least 2 knobs and buttons

I have you covered, charly. ;)

Attached is an empty combinator making use of Thor's buttons & rotaries as additional combinator controls. For rotary assignments use CV inputs 1 & 2 as your source in the combinator's modulation matrix, and CV inputs 3 & 4 for buttons.

I hope you find this useful.

mac0123 2012-11-03 03:46

theres enough nobs in this world to be adding any more ! ooops sorry you said knobs my bad yes m8 my thought before was a open combi where you can add howmany dials and buttons as and when needed would make more sense as an add feature to me :). add knob add button and not limmiting you to a set amount with in "reason" that is not totaly unlimmited lol.

charlycharlzz 2012-11-03 06:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuajohn89 (Post 1169238)
I have you covered, charly. ;)

Attached is an empty combinator making use of Thor's buttons & rotaries as additional combinator controls. For rotary assignments use CV inputs 1 & 2 as your source in the combinator's modulation matrix, and CV inputs 3 & 4 for buttons.

Cheers :) , that will do the trick perfect when eveything is full in the combi nicehttps://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...ons/icon14.gif

charlycharlzz 2012-11-03 06:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilfish (Post 1168640)
raise to 12 knobs and buttons !!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dub08 (Post 1168719)
+1 for bigger combi or more controls.

Props, Just make the knobs and buttons twice as small if you need to!! I don't use my "real" hands to turn them anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djjimmyc (Post 1168905)
Agree with the extra controls....always wanting another bank of knobs/buttons!

I'd also like to able to have a seperate audio 'key' input on the combi.
Just that i have a few patches that employ an external source to make them do their thing and i hate seeing EXTERNAL ROUTING on the combi

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakTheStripper (Post 1169034)
I agree completely. 8 knobs and buttons would probably take care of most of my needs. It would also be nice if you could decide between a knob or fader. It also wouldn't hurt to add a meter/display on the front that could be fed audio or CV data (would be incredibly useful for dynamics effect combis).

Quote:

Originally Posted by rlubeck (Post 1169229)
Good suggestion Charly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshuajohn89 (Post 1169238)
I have you covered, charly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac0123 (Post 1169918)
theres enough nobs in this world to be adding any more ! ooops sorry you said knobs my bad yes m8 my thought before was a open combi where you can add howmany dials and buttons as and when needed would make more sense as an add feature to me . add knob add button and not limmiting you to a set amount with in "reason" that is not totaly unlimmited lol.

thanks guys I hope we get that in seven , it would be cool to keep the 4 knobs combi and to have a 2nd 8 knobs one .https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...ons/icon14.gif