Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proud to be legit! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=170284)

Persk 2012-11-03 06:40

Proud to be legit!

After many years of mucking around on the weekends with friends, self loathing over piracy and an increasing awareness (pestering friends :] ) that I have talent in production so..
I saved up my pennies and became a legitimate Reason user!
So stoked to own such an amazing program, I now have no excuses

doinky 2012-11-03 07:42

Wow another convert. Welcome brother persk. :)

zeebot 2012-11-03 08:02

Welcome to the real world :)
If you have 6.5 then go grab yourself some REs (especially Antidote) and get creating. Also you can now access the secret shady world of the user forum.

EricBom 2012-11-03 10:22

I think a lot of people used a cracked version of music somewhere in their life.
I believe firmly that if people really like it and want to move on they'll buy it.

Not saying it's OK, just my experience anyway.

Though I never used a illegal copy of reason. Only the demo and I was sold! :D

robsynth 2012-11-03 12:26

Good for all of us!

By going legit you enable Props to continue providing a quality soft product and perhaps encourage others to do the same. I ditched any and all eligit stuff years ago, and not only is the music I produce legally viable, the very act of choosing just a few soft titles has enabled me to focus more on those few titles and know them better......

EricBom 2012-11-03 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by robsynth (Post 1170077)
By going legit you enable Props to continue providing a quality soft product and perhaps encourage others to do the same. I ditched any and all eligit stuff years ago, and not only is the music I produce legally viable, the very act of choosing just a few soft titles has enabled me to focus more on those few titles and know them better......

So true!

That's why I ditched my copy of Cool edit pro 8 years ago!
Audacity i my friend now!

OMOMs 2012-11-03 13:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persk (Post 1169975)
After many years of mucking around on the weekends with friends, self loathing over piracy and an increasing awareness (pestering friends :] ) that I have talent in production so..
I saved up my pennies and became a legitimate Reason user!
So stoked to own such an amazing program, I now have no excuses

congrats and welcome!
I know where you're coming from :D
now have a good time making music!

PeterLansford 2012-11-03 19:12

Heck yes...welcome to the other side! :)

Persk 2012-11-04 08:15

Thanks muchly everyone. Been reading up and watching tutorials. Loving the wave channels, The Echo's roll mode is pretty off tap, Pulverisers follower is grand. Can't wait to put all the tools to good use!

combo 2012-11-04 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ericbom (Post 1170046)
i think a lot of people used a cracked version of music somewhere in their life.
I believe firmly that if people really like it and want to move on they'll buy it.

Not saying it's ok, just my experience anyway.

Though i never used a illegal copy of reason. Only the demo and i was sold! :d

10000% true