Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Is it possible to freeze a track in Reason? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=170397)

07HenryD 2012-11-05 17:16

Is it possible to freeze a track in Reason?

Hey Dudes!

I'm searching to freeze a track in reason , how can I do that?
For the ones who don't know what Freezing track means is that when you're busy on making a track and you have lot's of cpu load , and you still want to add stuff then you need to to something to reduce your cpu ... in ableton,logic,cubase you can freez a track in the sequencer , if you do that, you have less cpu... so i could add more stuff...when you freeze a track your computer read this as an finished audio file... so that reduce your cpu cause it is not calculating al those plugins and effects on that moment...

Someone knows how to do that in reason?

Greetings!
Henry

Wensell 2012-11-05 17:22

Hmm, I believe you can hit Bypass on each channel (in the rack, or on the mixer). It should lower CPU usage. Hope this helps!

SidMercutio 2012-11-05 17:23

No. It is not #thatisall

but like he said, you can bypass any efx you have on it

aquil 2012-11-05 17:25

You could simply bounce it as audio track, its technical the same. Freezing like you describe is currently not possible.

07HenryD 2012-11-05 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wensell (Post 1171258)
Hmm, I believe you can hit Bypass on each channel (in the rack, or on the mixer). It should lower CPU usage. Hope this helps!

that won't help cause then you lose your effect and sound...on your track...thanks anyway

07HenryD 2012-11-05 17:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by aquil (Post 1171260)
You could simply bounce it as audio track, its technical the same. Freezing like you describe is currently not possible.

i could do it, but when i want to re-edit or reactivate the audio track i need it back to midi so i don't think that it is usefull in this situation...

colcifer 2012-11-05 17:30

Step one: File > Save as
Step two: Bounce tracks

This is Reason; find workarounds.

aquil 2012-11-05 17:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07HenryD (Post 1171264)
i could do it, but when i want to re-edit or reactivate the audio track i need it back to midi so i don't think that it is usefull in this situation...

The midi- and mixer channel track is still there but muted, so it should not use much cpu power. You can still edit your cpu hungry part. :)

Use the "bounce mixer channel" function for this.

07HenryD 2012-11-05 17:36

thanks, gonna check all of your tips, but freezing a track like in ableton,cubase or logic could be great,quick and easy:p

LABONERECORDINGS 2012-11-05 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by colcifer (Post 1171266)
Step one: File > Save as
Step two: Bounce tracks

This is Reason; find workarounds.

In the Bounce mixer channels you havethe option to mute original tracks - do this, rearrange the audio side by side with the MIDI. If you don't like the audio bounce you can always delete it.