Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sugar Bytes Guitarist RE Please (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=170459)

ronjoi 2012-11-06 20:45

Sugar Bytes Guitarist RE Please

There are so many great RE's coming out. I have purchased several. However when I saw that first video with all the people saying how cool it would be to make something for Reason, I checked all the companies out. I got Predator from Rob amazing and so fun. I had to wait and wait but now I am making use of his great program.
However I am still missing my fondest wish, a port of GUITARIST for Reason Rack Extension. There has been no hint that this will happen. I just hope Sugar Bytes can make it happen. The rack seems like a natural home for this great looking product. The Sugar Bytes program could be the center of my Reason world easily.
So many of the songs in my head could use a GUITARIST. How much better if the GUITARIST could send time, pitch and velocity signals to other members of the rack or Combinator.
Everyone knows this is a match made in heaven I am begging on hopeful knee.

VillaNDubstep 2012-11-06 21:58

When sugarbytes were doing rack extensions they made a point that they would not be porting any existing devices. I asked for wow and effectrix :(
I'm not sure if sugarbytes will ever come back but if they do I would like to see them port over a few of their vst's

JensenTNI 2012-11-07 08:39

I have a feeling (completely without any evidence of course) that Sugarbytes will not be bothered to release any more Rack Extensions. I think they somehow managed to get it completely wrong in the beginning when they where churning out quite a lot of devices. For me, main reason is that a) they look ugly and b) most of them don't perform that great.

Don't get me wrong, I have in fact purchased two of their RE's but they certainly don't shine the way other RE's do and also, compared to what I saw what they do design wise on the VST front, the RE's seem to me like an afterthough, throwing out some cheap shit to the Reason masses to make a quick penny. Maybe I'm wrong but its the way it appears to me ;)

Looks like they could not handle the mostly justified heat from the Reason communitiy for their seemingly less than appropriate efforts and packed it in. I do hope they come back though and this time with some quality tools!

UserGT 2012-11-07 10:27

+1 I´d really like to have some kind of strumming device, it doesn`t necessarily have to be Guitarist.

VillaNDubstep 2012-11-07 16:11

For me it was more about the performance of their RE's, I personally don't mind the design.

ronjoi 2012-11-07 19:32

Well I guess the door is open

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserGT (Post 1172334)
+1 I´d really like to have some kind of strumming device, it doesn`t necessarily have to be Guitarist.

Well I guess that answers why no GUITARIST so far. Now it seems the door is open for some other company to fill a desire of at least a few of us Resonites. I heartily agree I do not care who I pay the money to.

MoonXtal 2013-06-01 22:08

I agree completely we need a chord strummer, am sure lots of Reason users are converting traditionally composed songs - like with rhythm guitar - into Reason files. The quicker the better.

michal22 2013-08-14 20:01

Something like sugar bytes guitarist I would buy. A little false sounds (machine - not human), but if has improved it, I would pay a lot for that tool.

djjams 2013-08-15 01:04

You can do strums with AutoArp and AutoTheory.

michal22 2013-08-15 14:32

I bought both. They can't reproduce well playing guitar. I use it only for the piano and a synthesizer arpeggios. I want to have automatic guitar, which naturally give sound, articulation and all kinds of striking the strings, adept. The real simulation.