Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New release - Download problems again. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=170736)

stfual 2012-11-11 11:51

New release - Download problems again.
 
Ive tried both the logged in download link and the open link on the downloads page and the big and small files multiple times and days. I get to somewhere between 60 and 300MB before it says the download has completed with a corrupt zip file. I have tried two different machines and 3 browsers. Propellerhead is the only site where i have this problem. Typically a week or two after the new release I can get the download but its irritating and bandwidth wasting (i have a bandwidth cap where i have to pay more).

Is there a caching server somewhere that has incomplete files initially ? Can the file be put on an ftp site ? Can the Props just issue patches for bugs instead of reloading everything ?

Last time I gave up on DSL and used my mobile phone (which worked) but with 4G plans everyone is introducing data caps of 2GB and a 1GB file for bug fixes is nuts.

gwynebiau 2012-11-11 12:02

It sounds like a problem with your connection, so I think the best thing you can do is to either take your computer somewhere with internet access, or download the file and put it on a USB drive or DVD or something to bring home.

If you have access to another computer, maybe a server running Linux or something similar, you can probably use wget or another program to download the file to that server and then grab it from there. If your problem is just with keeping your connection to this site then that might fix it. If you don't successfully download large files from other places though, it's possible that it's a larger problem with your internet connection.

n0ahg 2012-11-11 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdxp (Post 1175350)
Last time I gave up on DSL and used my mobile phone (which worked) but with 4G plans everyone is introducing data caps of 2GB and a 1GB file for bug fixes is nuts.

This points to an issue is with your DSL connection and not props so your best bet would be to contact your ISP as they may be incorrectly caching or providing a connect via a proxy server.

You could try changing the protocol on the download link to https to try to bypass whatever your ISP is doing.

Also, torrent downloads are available here https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason/

gwynebiau 2012-11-11 12:34

Good idea. A torrent download can be recovered if you're disconnected, and the file should be verified and fixed by your bit torrent client if there is a problem with your copy.

moneykube 2012-11-11 20:13

absolutely no DSL problems here

Jchop76 2013-03-21 21:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdxp (Post 1175350)
Ive tried both the logged in download link and the open link on the downloads page and the big and small files multiple times and days. I get to somewhere between 60 and 300MB before it says the download has completed with a corrupt zip file. I have tried two different machines and 3 browsers. Propellerhead is the only site where i have this problem. Typically a week or two after the new release I can get the download but its irritating and bandwidth wasting (i have a bandwidth cap where i have to pay more).

Is there a caching server somewhere that has incomplete files initially ? Can the file be put on an ftp site ? Can the Props just issue patches for bugs instead of reloading everything ?

Last time I gave up on DSL and used my mobile phone (which worked) but with 4G plans everyone is introducing data caps of 2GB and a 1GB file for bug fixes is nuts.



I am having exactly the same problem been trying to download since last evening and it's doing the same thing to me. what is the fix for this? I paid for Reason 6.5.3 and can not even use it??? please help!! I sent a support ticket but have not heard anything back .

n0ahg 2013-03-21 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jchop76 (Post 1268775)
I am having exactly the same problem been trying to download since last evening and it's doing the same thing to me. what is the fix for this? I paid for Reason 6.5.3 and can not even use it??? please help!! I sent a support ticket but have not heard anything back .

If you have an unstable net connection you could try the torrent downloads on this page https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason/ as suggested in post #3

Jchop76 2013-03-21 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ahg (Post 1268819)
If you have an unstable net connection you could try the torrent downloads on this page https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason/ as suggested in post #3



I'm trying again and it's currently at 712mg out of 3.3gb still says four hours left.

if it fails this time I will try the torrent. I tried the torrent earlier but I had problems finding seeds, and it was saying it would tak 4 days to download. What gives here???? what a pain!!! I wondering now if I should have spent $169 for this.. This was suppose to be easy as claimed by propellerhead. I've never had this much trouble before with downloading loading audio programs ect...

n0ahg 2013-03-21 23:15

I just downloaded the Reason 6 sound banks and had no issues. Make sure you do not use a download manager!

Jchop76 2013-03-22 00:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by n0ahg (Post 1268876)
I just downloaded the Reason 6 sound banks and had no issues. Make sure you do not use a download manager!

what are you using? chrome, explorer, firefox?


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:12.