Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Combinators in Combinators (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=170748)

Geneyus6 2012-11-11 15:29

Combinators in Combinators

I think I've seen people suggest this before. But it'd be nice if I could combine combinators within a combinator without it breaking up the combinator into the individual devices.

VillaNDubstep 2012-11-11 15:59

This could be the answer to aux's and bussing in reason. So you could hide/show all combinators/devices within the group (Super combinator) and all the effects could be applied in the fx section of the group combinator?
Or have I just gone completely off track from your original idea?

dub08 2012-11-11 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep (Post 1175457)
This could be the answer to aux's and bussing in reason. So you could hide/show all combinators/devices within the group (Super combinator) and all the effects could be applied in the fx section of the group combinator?
Or have I just gone completely off track from your original idea?

Nah, I think super combi is definitely "on track" with this idea. :)

Combi in a combi?
That's racks on racks on raaacks! :p

Geneyus6 2012-11-11 20:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by dub08 (Post 1175461)
Nah, I think super combi is definitely "on track" with this idea. :)

Combi in a combi?
That's racks on racks on raaacks! :p

You guys are following me and are right on the money.

VillaNDubstep 2012-11-11 20:23

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing this feature then in that case, props has always had a way of doing things there own way and to be honest this seems like it would suit the props way. Time will tell

mrbritt 2012-11-11 23:00

If I were to build a super combinator it would have modular capabilties like Kong, and Thor also it's own patch bay, CV controls, crossfader, and wet/dry knobs. It would also include recycle in its editing section and a apeggiator. Next it could trigger each device at combined times or different time zones. It also could use seperate or combined device effects with having it's own line mixer. This would not take away from any one throwing more items inside it. Lastly The face plate would be between four modular looks so the users could decide what is best for the work flow in their waterfall. The name should stay the same excect add to the end Pro; Hence the Combinator Pro.

stevenha 2012-11-12 05:50

I envision a feature that supervises 2 combinators. Load 2 combinators into it (with all their saved instruments and effects). Able to mix their outputs and fade from one to the other. (These cross-fades controlled by a CV input on the back or a dial on the front.) Able to load a new combi patch in one while the other keeps playing, and control these loading of new patches from a list the user creates. Eg. Suppose I have 10 combi's that I got in a refill, and I want 5 to play sequentially in the first combinator and the other 5 to play in the second combinator, and have one or the other change every 8 bars, while both my hands are busy on the keyboard. After 80 bars I'd have heard them all and it would re-loop the sequence, or an option randomly change the patches in each side (instead of sequential).
So, its not just an audio mixer, it also automates the change to the next patch running in one of its 2 combinators. ( This is brainstorming.. not a fully thought-out idea.)

juno106user 2012-11-12 06:35

why not.. I think that idea is simple enough and could be sooooooo useful. Could you then have a Super - Super - Super combinator? When would it end??!

I "Like"

StaticEngn 2012-11-13 05:29

Probably won't happen

As it would result in a cyclic dependency, and then the Props would have to check before loading any Combi, and that would be a giant pain.

Example:
Create Combi A
Create Combi B inside Combi A
Save Combi A
Create a new Combi C inside B
Load Combi A into Combi C
EXPLODE

Dogboy1973 2012-11-13 06:10

You can see things getting a bit messy somehow ..... I don't know. But what I really would like to see is an extension to the Combinator idea. 'Combinator 2' would have more knobs / buttons / sliders, possibly defined by the user. And maybe the ability to nestle original Combinators in it ..... Though I'm still trying to fully appreciate how on Earth this would work! :confused: