Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   View a list of all REs used in a Song. (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=170814)

selig 2012-11-12 16:58

View a list of all REs used in a Song.

Sure it's pretty easy now, but the more REs that are used the more confusing it can get. In the even you need to share a file or even to report a bug, it would be handy to quickly know which REs were used in each song (and maybe which versions are used?).

This could be included in Song Information, or in a separate place, and would be nice if you could see this information before opening a song, like you can see a list of the devices used in a patch (in the Browser under "details") before opening it. :-)

clip 2012-11-12 19:26

great feature request. i love this idea.

joeyluck 2012-11-14 17:23

Excellent idea. Will be much needed.

rogerlevy 2012-11-14 19:10

Good idea for so many reasons

Better yet, how about a list of all the devices used in the current song, categorized by device type so you can see which ones you used. RE's marked with the RE icon, and grouped all together, before or after "native" devices.

This could go so many awesome places ... like something else I thought of. Multiple selection on the devices in the list and Bypass button, for troubleshooting / CPU management. Double click any device in the list to go to device in the rack.

selig 2012-11-14 19:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerlevy (Post 1177748)
Good idea for so many reasons

Better yet, how about a list of all the devices used in the current song, categorized by device type so you can see which ones you used. RE's marked with the RE icon, and grouped all together, before or after "native" devices.

This could go so many awesome places ... like something else I thought of. Multiple selection on the devices in the list and Bypass button, for troubleshooting / CPU management. Double click any device in the list to go to device in the rack.

Great additions - thought no one would care about such an 'unglamorous' suggestion as this! ;-)

TheFatControlleR 2012-11-14 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by selig (Post 1177757)
Great additions - thought no one would care about such an 'unglamorous' suggestion as this! ;-)

Not unglamorous at all. I've often thought it would be great if I could click a button and have a project summary exported to a TXT document, or formatted RTF to include (selectable) devices used, tempo, key, bars, lanes, channels, time spent on project (great for users with billing obligations), self-contained samples, etc., etc., as well as any notes/comments made in the Song Info dialogue. But I'm a Virgo, so... ;)

jamesmiles 2012-11-15 08:34

Yes this would be very handy.

The feature could also relate to browsing patches in the future. Especially for ReFills that may reference RE's.

Refill development in the future is going to be exciting... but also dangerous for the producers, as the customer base with the same RackExtension collection may be limited.

OMOMs 2012-11-15 13:03

thanks for that idea
its a really good one.