Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   I suggest not to punish the people who buy your product (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=170857)

TTTOY 2012-11-13 12:39

I suggest not to punish the people who buy your product

Hello, as a long term fan and professional producer I have to recommend a way to keep your clients happy and able to use your software flexible and easy. It makes me very sad at this point that it looks like I have to find another way of building my live/concert setup but it seems there´s no other way.
The Ignition key is simply not trustful and I can´t risk to mess up my show just because my bought licenses for RE´s are suddenly not found anymore.. These issues appeared several times now and it´s quite outragous to ask for an internet connection everywhere you go..
I use two computers and on both I could make it work of course but those issues happen again. I don´t want to go through the nightmare before a concert, find a wifi and re-download stuff I bought already..
Do you understand that this is punishment for your clients and makes an easy workflow impossible ?

My suggestions:
1. Find a way to solve Dongle license issues or simply get rid of it. (The pirates won´t be stopped by it anyway)
2. Allow 2 Dongles if "holy Ignition" is needed.. One for studio and one for the road.
3. Don´t try to make Reason the all in one solution for the studio.. It is a very great Rewire unit which works nice and flexible.. Don´t try to make it a Pro Tools for low budget.. It doesn´t suit it..

Thank you, I hope those issues will disappear, otherwise I gotta find me another solution.
Best, a fan truly
TTT

dub08 2012-11-13 13:32

Actually the pirates have been stopped by it.

The free "pirate ride gravy train" stopped at Reason 5. ;)

normen 2012-11-13 13:42

I think you already understood in the other thread why the Props would not be able to offer us any REs if they had no copy protection.. These kinds of threads baffle me, how can you be so demanding without even knowing or thinking about the implications? As a Prop, my answer (even if I wouldn't give it to you like this) would be: "Okay, get happy with some other DAW and VSTs with their multitude of copy protection systems." Cause from how you put things, you will have to abandon Reason anyway as the REs are here to stay. I guess some people would also personally come to your home and kill you if the Props really did what you suggest here ^^

Also, if the RE is not installed on your computer theres no way you can get around downloading it anyway.. As you said you have to download them again I guess thats what happened.. Or do you think VSTs magically install themselves on your Laptop when you install them on your PC? In Reason its at least just one click to install all plugins, try that in a VST host or ProTools. Heck for ProTools 9 I even have a complete separate computer with its setup from 2006 in my studio cause updating it to PT10 with all features just doesn't work. Now I have one PC for 9 and one for 10, great.

VillaNDubstep 2012-11-13 13:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by TTTOY (Post 1176541)
Don´t try to make it a Pro Tools for low budget.. It doesn´t suit it..

Haha, that made me laugh.
There was an issue in computer music a while a go where an accomplished mix engineer mixed and mastered the same song twice, once using reason and once using pro tools. His verdict was that pro tools edged it by the tiniest bit and he was very impressed with reason. This was way before we had the softube range and ozone. Reason's not trying to be pro tools though and reason is great value, not low budget. Low budget is relative depending on each persons own valuation and financial circumstances.
Pirating is low budget ;)

JiggeryPokery 2012-11-13 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhansen (Post 1176584)
Okay, get happy with some other DAW and VSTs with their multitude of copy protection systems.

Quote:

Okay, get happy with some other DAW and VSTs with their multitude of copy protection systems.

Quote:

TQFT!

@OP: So why do you also leave your house and car keys lying around on stage?

What? You don't? Oh, of course you don't. Because it's too complicated, full of common sense and non-impractical to start Reason onstage with the IK in and then, you know, take it out and put it safely away with your house and car keys. No, no, it's far more important and professional for you to start yet another ill-thought-out, pointless, dongle bitch-whine thread.

People who start these kinds of threads, especially those who have to begin with "I'm a professional", I'm now more convinced than ever don't actually use Reason live at all.

So the rest of us kindly suggest to you not to punish the non-professionals who use Props products live every week.

deankay 2012-11-13 15:34

They have fixed the issue of continuous request of downloading licenses unnecessarily in 6.5.2
http://www.propellerheads.se/downloa...son_65_fixlist

selig 2012-11-13 17:32

Respectfully:

Quote:

My suggestions:
1. Find a way to solve Dongle license issues or simply get rid of it. (The pirates won´t be stopped by it anyway)

Yes, they are (as others have pointed out).

Quote:

2. Allow 2 Dongles if "holy Ignition" is needed.. One for studio and one for the road.

Currently I run with a Balance interface so in fact I DO have a dongle for the studio and for the road. A single Reason license can be installed on both the Balance interface and your dongle. However, if you are forgetful and forget your interface, you're still screwed even if you have your dongle! ;-)

Quote:

3. Don´t try to make Reason the all in one solution for the studio.. It is a very great Rewire unit which works nice and flexible.. Don´t try to make it a Pro Tools for low budget.. It doesn´t suit it.

Too late for me, it already IS the all in one solution - haven't upgraded my home Pro Tools system since this summer, and haven't missed it once!

Quote:

Thank you, I hope those issues will disappear, otherwise I gotta find me another solution.
Best, a fan truly
TTT

I 'disappeared' them for you (or at least I tried)! ;-)

But if these solutions don't work for you there are plenty of other options out there. :-)

PsyTale 2012-11-13 17:48

If you dont know how reason works, please stop using it! I never have problems with the key, and if i do they are solved within minutes. If you make sure your keys are written on your key before you leave for your gig nothing should happen (good prep is half the work).

Oh and those pirates cant be stopped? Show me the link to the cracked reason version 6.5 :) That is impossible, because Reason has not been cracked since version 5!

rogerlevy 2012-11-13 18:50

You'll get over it.

Monkatron 2012-11-13 18:58

Well i can see both sides of this. I am a touring musician and understand that when you are touring the last thing you want to deal with is your gear when you have been using it a million times over not having problems and then your back stage chatting it up and doing your part as the musician to be social .. then you have a freak attack because you go to check your setup and somethings up.. or at sound check when you have 30 mins to dial it in and you have to find wifi and some venues dont have wifi where the stage is .. festivals are even worse.............

but on the other side...im in the my studio , why would i need that now? right you wouldn't. since you are in your comfort zone so to speak.

so its easy to say f)(@^#&k that you dont need it. but on the other hand there are some extremely valid arguments to the dongle being a pain in the balls.. i definitely felt this when i forgot to update my dongle before playing last week and had to do this same run around.