Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where is the best US shop for Black Friday/Cyber Mondya? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=171047)

Rakrum 2012-11-16 05:01

Where is the best US shop for Black Friday/Cyber Mondya?

I'm looking to get a new white maschine, and found a deal for 509 as a pre-thanksgiving 20% off, but I feel like I can do better. I found a Mk1 for 339 but I want the new more sensitive pads, wondering if I can find a 399 or 349 price next weekend.

Where do you guys find your bargain deals?

ryszard 2012-11-16 06:25

Guitar Center and Musician's Friend (two arms of the same company, but GC has stores while MF doesn't) are good starting places. I'd also check Amazon. They probably wouldn't have it in their warehouse, but one or more of their vendors might. The going price seems to be $599. Where did you find the $509 price? Good luck, and let us know how you do.

Rakrum 2012-11-16 07:05

I had no clue that MF and GC were the same store.... I'll look into that, though! I have shopped both...

I found a 20% off coupon at a DJ website. I know there are deals at GC and MF (and even sam ash and amazon now and then) and do most of my shopping at amazon (free return shipping on returns lets me demo lots of stuff with Amazon Prime...)

I just didn't know who has cyber monday deals, and does anyone think that the Maschine could be found for that cheap next week? I know they're pretty new, but they want to get some out in the clubs and such, so they can self-promote, right? I don't know if I should jump on this 509 deal, or get the Mk1 for 339 from ProAudioStar or wait... Both of those deals could very well expire by the time cyber monday is over...

dudelab21 2012-11-16 07:18

Hellomusic.com

Rakrum 2012-11-16 07:29

I can't tell if that's spam... I see the icons, but still, I wonder.... I'll check out regular storefronts only ;)

ryszard 2012-11-16 08:12

Be careful with Guitar Center and Musician's Friend. They can be a little like a used car dealer. Sometimes they post different prices. Usually MF's is lower than GC's. If you call them on the lower price, they will make an adjustment, but you must know and ask. And do your research BEFORE you go to the store. GC's intranet sometimes shows higher than advertised prices. They may make adjustments later, but why go through the hassle? Study and save. GC often has great sales, including Cyber Monday; they did last year.

Just to close out, you may want to bookmark www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid. That's a link to their "Stupid Deal of the Day," as in "no-brainer." You won't want everything they offer, but you can sometimes pick up great stuff at pennies on the dollar. I got a copy of Mackie Tracktion 3 for $20. I don't even use the program, but it was worth it for the thousands of samples, which include REX and other Reason formats. The deal changes daily at midnight US Eastern time.

Rakrum 2012-11-16 08:27

thanks - I get the SDOTD emails every morning on my cell haha - though I think each time I bought whatever it was, I got defective ones so I'm wary now since return shipping is a bitch - so I use Amazon mostly. The thing is this website "The DJ Hookup" I chatted with a guy and he said not only will they beat any price but they'll refund the difference if I find a better price in the next 30 days, including crazy sale things. Not sure how much I believe him, but the site is small and gets really good feedback it seems... That's where I found it for 509 btw.

20% doesn't seem like BLOWOUT price though... I think I see 20% coupons every other month at every made up holiday...

btw, I'm now and then tempted to grab their dotd on melodyne for $25, I'm not sure if it's standalone or just plugin though (it's the essentials box)

ayello 2012-11-16 09:04

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MaschMik2WT

Best
Michel

ryszard 2012-11-16 09:11

Michel, that's the Maschine Mikro. He's looking for the big one, the Mark II.