Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How to install Electric Bass Refill from download... (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=171187)

limitinfinity 2012-11-18 10:30

How to install Electric Bass Refill from download...

Hello all... I am relatively new to the Reason world and would appreciate any help i would be able to receive.... I have downloaded the Electric Bass Refill to use with Reason 6 and was wondering where the downloaded files need to be saved and how to open it once installed.... This is basically my first download so i am way out of my comfort zone.... Thankyou... All help will be greatly appreciated and if you live close enough i will cook you a barbecue and give you beer....!!! And also once files are downloaded, and unzipped what should their names be...??? Thanks in advance....

eXode 2012-11-18 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by limitinfinity (Post 1180276)
Hello all... I am relatively new to the Reason world and would appreciate any help i would be able to receive.... I have downloaded the Electric Bass Refill to use with Reason 6 and was wondering where the downloaded files need to be saved and how to open it once installed.... This is basically my first download so i am way out of my comfort zone.... Thankyou... All help will be greatly appreciated and if you live close enough i will cook you a barbecue and give you beer....!!! And also once files are downloaded, and unzipped what should their names be...??? Thanks in advance....

Refills typically have a .rfl extension. The best thing for you to do is to create a special folder for Refills on your HD, where you put all your refills. Once you have put your .rfl there you can start Reason and select "Create Instrument..." from the right-click context menu. Then browse to your Refills folder and find the refill. You can then enter the refill and load the various patches that are within that Refill.

You can also drag your Refills folder (before entering it) to the Favorites bar on the left of the browsing window. That way you'll have a quick shortcut to it each time you want to browse for instruments from within your Refills folder.

limitinfinity 2012-11-18 11:04

Thankyou very much for your help.... After downloading the files they are called .zip and once i click on them they open to a .cpgz file.... Is there something i'm doing wrong...???? Should i download again.... ??? This is so confusing...???

tonalaxis 2012-11-18 11:21

Sounds like the zip file is corrupt. Where are you downloading it from?

Arsenic 2012-11-18 11:51

As has been said - they should be .rfl extensions.
If they are the same as the DVD formats - they should be something like

The 16 bit versions are called:
Reason Electric Bass Samples 1-16
Reason Electric Bass Samples 2-16
Reason Electic Bass

I think the 24 bit versions are called:
Reason Electric Bass Samples 1-24
Reason Electric Bass Samples 2-24
Reason Electic Bass

Once you have got it - may I suggest you nip over to :
https://www.propellerheads.se/produc...e=reb_expander

The forums own Jiggery Pokery has created an expansion for the Electric Bass refill, and very good it is too...

limitinfinity 2012-11-19 01:39

Thanks again everyone...I am downloading it from the proppelerheads site... The one this forum is connected to.... I will try that Arsenic.... Thanks...

limitinfinity 2012-11-19 06:49

It was only a corrupt download.... I downloaded it again and it works perfectly.... I have placed all refills in the one folder and have backed up everything on a hard drive.... Thanks once again for the help...!!!! I am now going to play myself some sweet sweet bass.....!!!!! Im still having that barbecue if anyone is interested...!!!

tonalaxis 2012-11-19 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by limitinfinity (Post 1180668)
It was only a corrupt download.... I downloaded it again and it works perfectly.... I have placed all refills in the one folder and have backed up everything on a hard drive.... Thanks once again for the help...!!!! I am now going to play myself some sweet sweet bass.....!!!!! Im still having that barbecue if anyone is interested...!!!

Glad you got it sorted! Enjoy.