Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Routing Audio THRU Reason 6.5? (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=171334)

bonnettean 2012-11-21 01:32

Routing Audio THRU Reason 6.5?

Is this possible? I love the FX in Reason 4 and always wanted to use them in my daw.

With Record integrated, I just thought maybe it would work on 6.5, and if so I would probably fork over the cash for the upgrade.

Also, if you can record audio, can you also simply IMPORT an audio file?

koma7 2012-11-21 02:05

I think that's dependent on what DAW you use otherwise i'm pretty sure most are capable of running audio through Reason, you need to rewire your DAW to Reason and reason must be the rewire slave. You do that by starting up your DAW and then Reason. However how you go about sending audio through reason then is dependent on what DAW you have and you should refer to it's help manual.

I'm pretty sure you can send external audio through reasons devices even in earlier versions of reason such as R4, i'm not sure though. But in R6+ you can, and you can also import audio files. I recommend you download a demo version of R6 and play around with it and your DAW.

tonalaxis 2012-11-21 10:40

You can't route audio from your DAW into Reason using Rewire, it won't work because Reason only acts as a Slave so only audio is routed from Reason and not through it. You can however use jackaudio(PC) or soundflower(mac) to route audio from one application to another without using Rewire.
It would be fantastic if Reason could be a Rewire Master but we'll have to see if the next big update addresses this.

koma7 2012-11-21 11:08

You can't route audio INTO reason, but i'm sure you can route audio through reason, I have done this on ableton before by selecting reasons devices as an external effect. I could be mistaken though, I will check now.

Seems i was mistaken, although it would be possible if you had reason on a seperate machine and hooked up your audio interface to the input and output of that machine ;)

Otherwise you can still import audio into Reason and do what you want with it.

devilfish 2012-11-21 11:29

please???????????

you can route external audio into Reason...
process them with effects.. and route it back to your out-gear (mixer)..

it is also be possible to route a signal out of reason,
into an external Analog Compressor or Reverb, and than route it back into Reason..

i is possible.. i have done this!

ATTENTION!!! you have no latency compensation!

tonalaxis 2012-11-21 15:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by koma7 (Post 1182185)
You can't route audio INTO reason, but i'm sure you can route audio through reason, I have done this on ableton before by selecting reasons devices as an external effect. I could be mistaken though, I will check now.

Seems i was mistaken, although it would be possible if you had reason on a seperate machine and hooked up your audio interface to the input and output of that machine ;)

Otherwise you can still import audio into Reason and do what you want with it.

Yes if you have two soundcards it's also possible without using things like jackaudio.