Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   Feature Suggestion Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Customer Feedback Comments in RE Store (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=171359)

JensenTNI 2012-11-21 14:21

Customer Feedback Comments in RE Store
 
Might it not be useful to have a comment box in each Rack Extension page in the RE shop? This way, the rating the people give could be backed up by a comment, why a particular rating has been given. It might help the developer to easily see what is missing in his Rack Extension that could make it get a better rating and perhaps sales if he chose to look at implementing the requested feature(s).

Also it would free up time of the developer, because he/she would not have to scroll through countless pages in the forums to see what customers (or potential customers) would like to see implemented. Time that could be spent on improving the Rack Extension in question :)

I believe I remember something like this has had been suggested here before, so in this case I just would like to add to that ;)

digthatbeat 2012-11-21 14:24

Agree with this one

Djjimmyc 2012-11-21 14:26

while i agree with this as an idea. these comments are going to have to be screened before posting as i can see such comments as......

'it's shit'
'well over hyped'
'OMG this is uber cool'
'sick'

....clogging up the board.

then the trouble is any actual contructive critisms are so public on the hosts own website that devs might put off making any again or even starting.

JensenTNI 2012-11-21 14:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djjimmyc (Post 1182259)
then the trouble is any actual contructive critisms are so public on the hosts own website that devs might put off making any again or even starting.

If the intention of the RE developer in question is to get the best product out he can to a competetive price then he has nothing to fear from the watchful Reason community :D

And I believe positive feedback from customers can be very rewarding as well. For example if many people would post on the u-he dashboard that their customer service is as exellent as their products, than you cannot get a better advertizing made yourself I'd say.

I fully agree with the screening of comments of course. It would create some additional work for the Propellerheads but might be for a good cause in the end.

devilfish 2012-11-21 14:51

Universal Audio have this too!

we need it also

VillaNDubstep 2012-11-21 15:22

Whenever a new RE comes out there are endless threads discussing it with people giving their views on that particular device.
Customer feedback like you suggest is ok but have you ever looked on the apple app store, they provide no insight and are of no help to me when looking to buy/download something. The only time they've had any real impact is when every single comment is negative and I find myself wondering if it's worth it.
I think it would be much better for the developer and props to have selected videos and quotes from well known artists that use this like props video for radical keys. In my opinion I much prefer seeing how someone can use it and what their thoughts are rather than a load of cluttered comments all saying the same thing.
Personally I'd love to see some more artist interviews on PH youtube channel where they discuss what RE's have had a real impact on their productions or what their favourites are etc...

JensenTNI 2012-11-21 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep (Post 1182279)
Whenever a new RE comes out there are endless threads discussing it with people giving their views on that particular device.
Customer feedback like you suggest is ok but have you ever looked on the apple app store, they provide no insight and are of no help to me when looking to buy/download something. The only time they've had any real impact is when every single comment is negative and I find myself wondering if it's worth it.
I think it would be much better for the developer and props to have selected videos and quotes from well known artists that use this like props video for radical keys. In my opinion I much prefer seeing how someone can use it and what their thoughts are rather than a load of cluttered comments all saying the same thing.
Personally I'd love to see some more artist interviews on PH youtube channel where they discuss what RE's have had a real impact on their productions or what their favourites are etc...

Actually haven't looked at the Apple store, not an Apply fan myself :D However I think that because RE developers are not Apple and I have seen many examples in the Forum already where the RE dev's acted on sometimes even individual feedback, this could be more useful here. I would presume the Apple store attracks a massively larger number of potential comment makers, so small wonder they would only look at rather common requests or complaints.

Regarding the endless threads, these are sometimes very convoluted and hard to read and its often not only one single thread per RE but 3-4 even sometimes. Also the threads have a lot of idle chatter, not really related to the subject at hand, so they are larger than there would need to be for the actual feedback. The comment option could act as a better facilitator of the feedback in my view as a) it would be screened (would need to be) and b) it would only be one single threat that does not dissappear in the depths of the forum after a while and also you would be able to avoid the multible threads ;)

VillaNDubstep 2012-11-21 16:30

I agree comments would need to be screened but then there's the issue of you're only reading what they want you to or atleast some people might see it that way. People don't really need to read user reviews to make their mind up as that is what the 30 day trial is for.
There's a lot of pros and cons with this suggestion so it all depends on props and wether they think it will be a benefit

JensenTNI 2012-11-21 16:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep (Post 1182314)
I agree comments would need to be screened but then there's the issue of you're only reading what they want you to or atleast some people might see it that way. People don't really need to read user reviews to make their mind up as that is what the 30 day trial is for.
There's a lot of pros and cons with this suggestion so it all depends on props and wether they think it will be a benefit

Yep, agree with this, of course it would be quite subjective. But its the way other store's operate succesfully as well so I'd say the concept could be actually practical.

It's also more meant for the developer and less for the user, as the dev would get the feedback this way very easily. And as customer, you cannot get sometimes all the features tried and tested completley.

Take a Predator synth for example, its a massive RE. I would miss half the things that beast can do if I casually trialled it for 30 days. So I would rely (as I do) sometimes on suggestions from more experienced testers who might have more knowledge or time on their hands or both to see if a feature could be improved.

selig 2012-11-21 17:00

On a related note, I'm surprised that there isn't anyone doing RE reviews (RE-View?) online. Seems like this would be an easy thing for someone who has the skills to pull off. It's not likely there will be much major press coverage of a format that only applies to a single host, but an online site that specialized in RE-Views (if well done) could be quite popular and useful IMO! :-)


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:29.