Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Projects taking too long to save! (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=171373)

Moomin 2012-11-21 19:26

Projects taking too long to save!
 
Have been having real trouble since installing Windows 8 Pro and Reason 6.5.2. When working on a project, I click save and the project takes about 15 mins to save (at best) and not at all (at worst)! Never had this issue before when using XP and am working on projects of a similar size.

If I open the Task manager while saving, My CPU is at about 60% and RAM at about 85% and there is a blue circle as a cursor. Reason is 'not responding'.

Anyone else have this problem?

AMD6400x2 3.2GHz
2GB RAM
Audiophile 24/96
Win 8 Pro 64bit

EnochLight 2012-11-21 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomin (Post 1182428)

AMD6400x2 3.2GHz
2GB RAM
Audiophile 24/96
Win 8 Pro 64bit

When you were on XP, were you 64-bit? You only have 2 GB of RAM, which is not recommended for a 64-bit OS... in fact, you're running Windows 8 64-bit with the minimum required RAM!

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...m-requirements

I'm on Windows 8 Pro 64-bit with 16 GB of RAM. Saving for me is lightening fast, but I also have a quad-core i7 and an SSD drive for my main OS.

Grumbleweed 2012-11-21 20:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moomin (Post 1182428)
Have been having real trouble since installing Windows 8 Pro and Reason 6.5.2. When working on a project, I click save and the project takes about 15 mins to save (at best) and not at all (at worst)! Never had this issue before when using XP and am working on projects of a similar size.

If I open the Task manager while saving, My CPU is at about 60% and RAM at about 85% and there is a blue circle as a cursor. Reason is 'not responding'.

Anyone else have this problem?

AMD6400x2 3.2GHz
2GB RAM
Audiophile 24/96
Win 8 Pro 64bit

Try running the Windows Experience Index thingy as it will tell you how well your system is up to the job of being a useful computer.

Grum.

Moomin 2012-11-22 00:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grumbleweed (Post 1182496)
Try running the Windows Experience Index thingy as it will tell you how well your system is up to the job of being a useful computer.

Grum.

Yeah thanks guys. Looks like my RAM con't handle it now I have jumped from 32bit XP to 64bit Windows 8. Experience score is a measley 5.5. My components were top of the range when I bought them!.................6 years ago............:-(


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:20.