Propellerhead Forum

Propellerhead Forum (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum (read only) (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Reason shuts down (https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/showthread.php?t=171458)

ivwill4 2012-11-23 00:30

Reason shuts down

Hi everybody,
I just bought the new Reason 6.5. Less than a month ago. Everything works great except for this one glitch. Sometimes the program will just shut down. It seems to happen in the beginning of a mix session but sometimes the shut down can come out of no where for no reason. I have also noticed that when I am looking for files while in reason the program will almost certainly shut down. Any body else have this happen to them? Is there any thing I can do other than save every 5 minutes?

normen 2012-11-23 00:31

OS? Computer/CPU? Audio Interface? Error message?

zmuzic 2012-11-23 02:18

i also have noticed the same, but i wonder since i changed the sample rate to 88,200 that has anything to do with it. i have a new Macbook Pro with the latest OS. this is what i would experience from my powerbook g4. i would like to know the fix for this one.

moneykube 2012-11-23 05:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by zmuzic (Post 1183353)
i also have noticed the same, but i wonder since i changed the sample rate to 88,200 that has anything to do with it. i have a new Macbook Pro with the latest OS. this is what i would experience from my powerbook g4. i would like to know the fix for this one.

that is an extremely odd sample rate to be using

VillaNDubstep 2012-11-23 08:54

Propellerheads have already said they know about this bug in mountain lion and are trying to speak to apple to fix this. It is mountain lion that is the problem here and this is why I'm glad I didn't upgrade my already working bug free OS

ivwill4 2012-11-23 18:43

Nope it just shuts down.

upallnight 2012-11-24 10:25

shutdown

is the asio driver installed? check under edit(top menu) go to bottom for preferences and highlight audio tab, does the audio card driver box say asio driver? At the end of that box you will see a red x which means driver not installed or a green check mark which say it is. Finally, have you tried backing up your projects then do a reinstall? I am not sure if your os is 32 bit or 64 bit.

VillaNDubstep 2012-11-24 12:56

Not sure about the OP but the second guy is Mac os mountain lion which as I said this is a know bug.
I'm willing to bet that the op also has mountain lion but he gives no info on what his set up is so everyone's just guessing here

normen 2012-11-24 12:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillaNDubstep (Post 1184402)
Not sure about the OP but the second guy is Mac os mountain lion which as I said this is a know bug.
I'm willing to bet that the op also has mountain lion but he gives no info on what his set up is so everyone's just guessing here

Yeah, I asked the OP about all the details but none were given ^^

Djjimmyc 2012-11-24 13:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhansen (Post 1184405)
Yeah, I asked the OP about all the details but none were given ^^

I don't think he heard you :)